BERGENFIELD PLUMBING QUESTION: WHY IS SUMP PUMP MAINTENANCE IMPORTANT?
Sump pumps perform an essential function for those in Bergenfield who have water table issues, or water drainage issues around their building. When you need that sump pump to work on rainy days, the last thing you want is to find out it is broken. The best way to prevent this scenario from occurring is in having sump pump maintenance performed regularly by a highly-trained Bergenfield plumbing professional such as those at BZ Dependable.
When a sump pump works as it should, it keeps your basement nice and dry. When a sump pump breaks down, it can not only cause water damage, but creates an environment where various bacteria and mold thrive, as well as possibly even affecting the stability of the foundation of a building.
During sump pump maintenance, all outlets and electrical wiring will be checked. We will also ensure that the backup battery is in proper working order, and that grates and inlets are free of debris and clogs. The vent hole in the discharge pipe will be cleared of debris, and outlet pipes will be inspected.
Because a sump pump doesn’t run all the time, it is important to keep track of how well it is working before you really need it, otherwise it will be too late once the water starts flowing.
Keeping your sump pump maintained and in working order will ease your mind, and the Bergenfield plumbers at BZ Dependable can easily assist you through professional sump pump maintenance which can be performed on an annual basis. Contact BZ Dependable today!
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on BERGENFIELD PLUMBING QUESTION: WHY IS SUMP PUMP MAINTENANCE IMPORTANT?
When plumbing emergencies occur, the Teaneck plumbing professionals at BZ Dependable can help you resolve any issues that have caused your plumbing emergency. Before you call us, it is important to know a few minor things about your plumbing system, and what to do to prevent water damage or other damages to your plumbing system. Always make sure you know how to locate your main water shut off valve and how to shut off the main water line.
Find the main water shut off valve to your building. When pipes break they can quickly leak many gallons of water into the interiors of our homes and offices in a matter of minutes, which can mean possible water damage. Knowing where the water shut off valve is located and how to shut it off is key to preventing damage.
Know how to turn off the main water line. The main water line is normally located near the street with access through an underground service hatch. There should be a handle or valve that turns on and off, turning it completely off will stop water flow to the entire building. Some are moved by hand, others by use of a wrench.
While there are shut off valves to specific plumbing sections located throughout a building, often it is best to ensure the entire plumbing system is shut down. Then call a professional plumber at BZ Dependable Plumbing to assess the cause of the plumbing problem and resolve the issue in a timely manner. Our Teaneck plumbers will also ensure that there are no additional plumbing leaks causing hidden damage. Call any time!
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on TEANECK PLUMBING TIP: WHAT TO DO IN A PLUMBING EMERGENCY
For some reason things around the house tend to go haywire during the summertime, and quite often it is plumbing problems which arise during those hot days. Most of the common summer plumbing problems in Fort Lee are easy to identify. When you notice a summer plumbing problem spring up, don’t hesitate to call BZ Dependable!
IDENTIFY THE MOST COMMON SUMMERTIME PLUMBING PROBLEMS
- Clogged Garbage Disposal: Because we are so much more active during summer with cookouts and grill outs, it remains important to properly dispose of food waste. Make certain that excess fruits and vegetables that are more fibrous and hard in texture such as watermelon rinds, celery and potato skins are not put down the drain. Additionally, cooking oil, grease and fat from meats should be placed in the trash instead. Remember to run plenty of cold water before during and after the food is being ground up by the garbage disposal so that it is sent down the drain properly and does not cause a drainage clog.
- Backed Up Sewer Lines: When the air begins to heat up, summer rain showers tend to become more common. Excess rain water and tree roots in the soil can cause cracks in sewer lines through which water can seep into the sewer lines, causing a backed up sewer line. If water from the toilet begins to back up into the bath or shower drain it is important to note that it is a sign of a sewer line back up. It could mean a simple fix or an extensive replacement.
- Watch That Washing Machine: Because everyone spends more time doing a variety of activities during summertime such as spending time at the beach and enjoying the outdoors, the washing machine tends to get used much more frequently during summertime as well. Be home while the washing machine is running so that you are readily available to stop the wash cycle if something goes awry. Additionally, the washing machine should be placed a foot or so away from the wall, to ensure that all water lines and hoses have room to work properly without kinking.
- When Toilets Clog: Because we tend to be home more during the summer toilets get used more. Remember to use smaller amounts of toilet paper and keep a plunger handy for those small clogs which occur. When it’s something bigger our well-qualified bathroom plumbing experts can help.
- Sprinkler System Problems: For those that have sprinkler systems in their lawns, the heads of each sprinkler should be checked and cleaned prior to extensive use. This ensures they do not cause excess pressure to build up, that they are properly balanced and that the sprinklers work as they were intended to. Prior to lawn mowing make certain that all sprinkler heads have been properly collapsed so as not to run over them and break them or break the mower.
Call BZ Dependable if you need plumbing repairs in Fort Lee or the surrounding area!
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on FORT LEE PLUMBING TIP: COMMON SUMMER PLUMBING PROBLEMS TO AVOID
If you’re having trouble with your Tenafly plumbing system and the cause is not readily identifiable you probably have a problem within your pipes. There was a time when this would require a large amount of intrusive work to be resolved. Thanks to video pipe inspection technology, though, this is no longer the case. By examining the insides of your pipes before undertaking any repair attempts, plumbers can pinpoint the source of your problem. This eliminates any guesswork that there may have otherwise been in identifying your problem and ensures that only necessary work is done. There are a number of different ways to get a pipe inspection camera into your system, but they all rely on the same technological principles.
A camera is fed directly into an opening in your pipes. In large pipes, such as those in city distribution systems, a wheeled rover can be remotely controlled to get the camera where it needs to go. Chances are you won’t see this technology at home, but the idea is the same. A live-feed camera is usually attached to a flexible rod. The rod is sent into your pipe system and sends a live video back to a monitor. Your Tenafly plumber can control the camera to inspect the pipes for any blockages, compromises in integrity, faulty connections and so on. The video can often be saved for further study, but in most cases the problem will be identified then and there.
Armed with this information, your plumber now has all the information needed to continue with the repair or pipe replacement process. There’s no need to perform any physical work on the pipes themselves to assess the situation. Your plumber will not need to expose or open up any pipes except the ones containing the blockage or other trouble spots. With the help of plumbing professionals such as those at BZ Dependable, obstructed or damaged pipes are no longer the headache they once were to diagnose. By utilizing video inspection technology your pipes can be serviced faster, more precisely and efficiently than ever before. We think that’s a great benefit, and look forward to helping you with any plumbing needs.
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on TENAFLY PLUMBING GUIDE: VIDEO PIPE INSPECTION TECHNOLOGY