TEANECK WATER FILTRATION QUESTION: WHY DO I NEED A WATER FILTRATION SYSTEM?
March 25, 2013
The first step to knowing whether you need a water filtration system is to answer this question: are you satisfied with the quality of your water? Moreover, do you know what’s in your water supply? If you think your water quality can be improved, now is the time to take action. One of the best ways to take control of what’s in your home water supply is a comprehensive water filtration installation. If you need water filtration in Teaneck, NJ, then call BZ Dependable today for more information or to schedule a consultation with one of our experts.
Contamination from underground sources, as well as pollution, is a risk to our water supply. If you think your home water suffers from any of the following contaminants, then you should probably consider water filtration:
- Biological contaminants. Microbes such as viruses, bacteria can enter your water supply and into your home. Your sensitivity and susceptibility to illness may vary, but if you think your water supply contains these contaminants, you should take action.
- Minerals: while most minerals in your drinking water are harmless, they can effect both the taste of your water and the condition of your pipes. If you have hard water in your home, water filtration can remove many of the minerals that can cause problems with water quality.
If you are at all concerned about the quality of the water you drink and use to bathe, then you may be interested in the Krystal Klear system. It’s one of the most comprehensive water filtration system on the market, and it works to soften hard water as well. It removes chlorine and other metallic, chemical, and biological contaminants. It does not require maintenance and it does not use a chemical or sodium to change the water. Instead, it uses an ionization process to filter your water supply electronically.
For more information about Teaneck, NJ water filtration services, call BZ Dependable today!
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on TEANECK WATER FILTRATION QUESTION: WHY DO I NEED A WATER FILTRATION SYSTEM?
March 18, 2013
You depend upon your sewerage system to dispose of your wastewater quickly and effectively. Leaks, clogs and other problems in your drains and sewer line can cause plumbing emergencies and can damage your indoor plumbing. Moreover, cross-contamination can occur if your sewer line is damaged. While drain and sewer repair is best left to the professionals, identifying drain and sewer problems in Tenafly NJ is just as important. Catching problems before they become major systemic issues is imperative to ensuring the longevity of your plumbing. Call BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating today to speak to a plumber.
Let’s take a look at some common indicators of drain and sewer problems in your home:
- Wastewater draining slowly. This indicates a partial blockage in your drain, or somewhere within the drainage system. The plumbers at BZ Dependable advise an eco-friendly solution, such as BioSmart, which clears slow drains without the use of dangerous and corrosive chemicals. Frequent use of powerful chemicals can ruin your drainpipes and create major replacement costs in the future.
- Wastewater doesn’t drain. If your bathroom or kitchen sink doesn’t drain at all, you have a total blockage of that drain. While a plunger may work, it may require the professional attention of a certified plumber, depending on the extent of the blockage, and where it is.
- Wet spots in the yard. If you see wet spots in the area above your sewer line, it probably means your sewer main is cracked or damaged. If it’s also smelly, it’s definitely wastewater leeching into your lawn. Make sure to get this sorted immediately as it can pose a health and environmental hazard to you and your neighbors.
- Wastewater coming back up. This is a plumbing emergency! It likely means that your sewer line is clogged so that the wastewater cannot enter into the septic tank or municipal waste management system. Video pipe inspection and sewer line replacementmay be necessary.
Whatever plumbing problems you may have, always rely on the services of a trained professional. For comprehensive sewer and drain repair in Tenafly NJ, call BZ Dependable today!
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on IDENTIFYING DRAIN AND SEWER PROBLEMS IN TENAFLY NJ
March 11, 2013
If you’re wondering about that calcified gunk on your faucets, it’s probably the mineral deposits left by hard water. Hard water is a common household problem throughout North America. While it’s not typically a health risk, it can have a damaging effect not only on faucets, but also on all of your plumbing and plumbed fixtures. When you have buildup on your faucets in Fort Lee, NJ, call the water filtration experts at BZ Dependable. We offer exceptional water filtration services that will help soften hard water.
The primary mineral ingredients that make your water “hard” are calcium and magnesium, both of which are necessary to good health in the right amounts. It’s determined by the concentration of positive metallic ions. Since water is such a good solvent, it naturally absorbs these minerals in as it passes through soil and rock.
Hard water can damage your plumbing and fixtures, as you know from the buildup on your faucets. Let’s take a look at some of the other signs that you have hard water:
- Spotting and filming on your dishes. Do your dishes never seem to get clean? Or do your clean dishes always seem to have spots on them? This is a common indication of hard water. The hot water used for dishwashing actually releases the minerals from the water faster.
- Laundry. If your clothes feel scratchy and look grimy when they come out of the washer, that can also indicate hard water. Depending on the quality of your hard water, this can significantly damage the fibers of your clothes.
- No soapsuds. Hard water often prevents the production of soapsuds during washing and cleaning.
If you think you may have hard water problems, there is a solution. The Krystal Klear water treatment system features an electronic descaler, which not only removes the hardness of your water but also keeps the healthy minerals in your water. It does this by electronically altering the ionic concentration of the water, by turning those bicarbonates into carbonates. This is not only a smart idea for the quality of your drinking and washing water, but it may be necessary if you want to ensure the longevity of your plumbing. For more information, call BZ Dependable today.
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on FORT LEE, NJ PLUMBING QUESTION: WHAT IS THIS BUILDUP ON MY FAUCETS?
March 4, 2013
Many homeowners are curious about adding a water treatment system to their home, but often don’t know where to start. BZ Dependable provides comprehensive water treatment installation and repair in Tenafly, NJ. We offer a range of water treatment options, but we recommend the Krystal Klear water filtration system. We’ve compiled a list of FAQs you may find useful as you start thinking about your water treatment needs. For more information or to schedule a consultation with your Tenafly, NJ water treatment expert, call BZ Dependable today.
- Why is water treatment important? Water treatment is important for a wide variety of reasons. Many customers enjoy the peace of mind knowing that they’ll be covered in the event of a contamination. Others install water treatment systems because they wanted to improve the taste of their tap water. Having clean water can also improve the function of your soaps and might be able to prevent limescale build-up inside your appliances.
- Which water treatment is best for me? The type of water treatment system that’s best for you often depends on where you live and where you get your water from. In rural settings with wells, your water might be contaminated by unwanted minerals. In that case you’ll need a comprehensive system like Krystal Klear. If you get your water from a utility company you likely won’t have those types of contaminants but you might have hard water in your home. In that case a water softening system might be what you need. The Krystal Klear system electronically descales your water to ensure that the high mineral content doesn’t damage your plumbing.
- How does the Krystal Klear system work? The Krystal Klear system works not only by filtering out contaminants but by electronically altering the chemical composition of the water. This ensures a comprehensive filtration process that you can rely on.
- What are the benefits of Krystal Klear? The benefits of Krystal Klear water treatment are extensive. Not only will you enjoy clean, purified water throughout your home, but you may also improve the durability of your plumbing. Krystal Klear is septic friendly, requires no maintenance and prevents biological contamination. What could be better?
To learn more about the water treatment options we offer, call BZ Dependable today. We can work with you to figure out which water filtration system best fits your needs, taking into consideration the plumbing layout of your home as well as your budget.
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on TENAFLY, NJ WATER TREATMENT FAQS