HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!
May 27, 2013
Every year on the final Monday of May, citizens of America come together to honor those who have served our country. Formerly known as Decoration Day, Memorial Day came to prominence after the American Civil War to commemorate the fallen soldiers on either side. Although its origins are somewhat ambiguous, it has always been about bringing people together to recognize our country’s military personnel and history. We want to take this opportunity to thank all the men and women who have served our county.
Memorial Day also marks the beginning of summer. We hope that you have a wonderful day off, and that it is a great start to your summer!
May 20, 2013
Your kitchen and bathroom are rooms with the majority of your plumbing needs, whether for the preparation of food, cleaning of dishes, or hygiene, the plumbing in both of these areas is subject to wear and tear every day for years on end. One of the most common problems for homeowners in our service area is how to prevent their bathtub or shower drains from backing up. It’s an important question because everything that goes down your drain has to be handled by your piping. The better you take care of your plumbing the better it can take care of you. Call BZ Dependable today if you need a Westwood, NJ plumber.
Let’s look at a few things you can do to prevent your bath drain from backing up.
- Use a hair stopper: One of the simplest things you can do is to purchase a hair stopper from your local hardware store. These small, inexpensive devices are actually quite effective when it comes to preventing hair from going down your drains, which is a major cause of clogs. When hair accumulates in clumps with other materials such as soap scum, then it can quickly back up your bathtub drain.
- Drain cleaning: If you’re concerned about the overall cleanliness and integrity of your drainpipe system, then you should consider a drain cleaning service. This is a great way to improve the longevity of your plumbing and to prevent clogs. Our expert plumbers use advanced techniques and equipment like video camera inspection and hydro jetting to ensure that the drain cleaning is thorough.
- BioSmart drain treatment: If you want to get smart about your plumbing, then consider BioSmart drain treatment. BioSmart is a non-toxic liquid filled with enzymes and bacteria that find organic matter and begin breaking it down. Unlike the harsh chemicals sold in stores, BioSmart doesn’t damage the environment or your piping. And it continues to work, long after you’ve poured a small amount in your drains.
We’d love to hear from you. Call BZ Dependable today if you’re in need of a Westwood, NJ plumber.
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on WESTWOOD, NJ PLUMBER’S GUIDE: HOW TO KEEP YOUR BATHTUB FROM BACKING UP
May 16, 2013
We tend to rely a lot on our plumbing systems. So much, in fact, that we often don’t appreciate the materials and tools required to make them work at all. Like a carpenter, mason, or electrician, your plumber has his own set of tools to ensure that your water heaters, dishwashers, laundry machines, bathroom and kitchen plumbing are all properly installed. If you need a plumber in Bergen County, call BZ Dependable for exceptional and reliable services. In this post, we’d like to take a look at some of the tools that your plumber relies on.
- Cutting: Whatever type of piping you have in your home, your plumbing system does not come in a prefabricated package for immediate installation. Your plumber relies on a wide variety of equipment and tools because of the range of tasks he is responsible for. From installation of plumbed appliances to whole home repiping installation, he needs to ensure that your piping is cut to exact size. Whether you need copper hard pipe installed or PEX, it will need to be properly cut by a series of tools specifically designed for clean cuts. Manual tube cutters as well as circular saws and reciprocal saws are available for on-site setup and operation.
- Soldering: This is a process whereby two metal pieces are conjoined by melting solder (a “filler”) that will provide a watertight bond. It allows the two pieces to be connected without altering the pieces themselves, and it works because solder has a much lower melting point. Solder comes in wire rounds and is an alloy typically made of tin and lead, although lead-free solder is available. It is used widely in copper pie installations. The soldering tool varies according to preference and application, but often a simple propane torch is used.
- Video camera: Video camera pipe inspection is one of the latest technological developments in the field of plumbing. It allows a first-person perspective of the inside of your plumbing that can lead to enhanced levels of detection and troubleshooting. Before this technology was available, there was simply no clean or non-invasive way to figure out what the status of your drainpipes and sewer line were.
We hope this gives you some idea of how specialized plumbing tasks can be. Call BZ Dependable when you need a plumber in Bergen County.
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on TOOLS YOUR PLUMBER IN BERGEN COUNTY RELIES ON
May 6, 2013
Our plumbing often works inconspicuously behind walls and under floors. Out of sight, out of mind; that is, until something goes wrong. Problems make us pay attention to aspects of our home we have long taken for granted. The kitchen and the bathroom where we use the most water, and are therefore often the rooms most likely to require professional attention. In this post, we’d like to share with you some common bathroom plumbing problems, so that you can keep an eye out around the house this summer. When you need plumbing repair services in Fort Lee, NJ, call the experts at BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating Inc.!
- Clogged drain: Your wastewater disposal system relies on the rapid and efficient transport of organic waste out of the home. Over time, your drainpipes may develop accumulations that can lead to clogs. When these total blockages form, they can severely impact the ability of your drain to work properly. Not only that, they can also cause system imbalances that can disrupt other parts of your plumbing. But don’t resort to harsh chemicals. They can often lead to severe damage to your drainpipes and may cause costly pipe replacement. Professional drain cleaning will not only preserve your pipes, but also make sure the clog is cleared away completely.
- Faulty trap: The U-shaped or P-shaped bend in the drainpipe of your bathroom vanity is known as a “trap.” It is designed to keep your sewer gases and fumes from entering your living space. It works by trapping a small amount of water in the bend that functions like a seal to prevent such gases from coming back up the drainpipe system. If it begins to leak, or if the seal doesn’t hold, then you may have a faulty trap.
- Toilet running: Not only will a running toilet, like a slow drip from the kitchen faucet, keep you awake at night, but it may also add substantially to your water bill every month. Make sure your toilet is not costing you more money than necessary.
When bathroom plumbing problems occur, it’s important to make sure that they are taken care of promptly. For plumbing repair services in Fort Lee, NJ, call BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating Inc.!
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on PLUMBING REPAIR IN FORT LEE, NJ FAQ: COMMON BATHROOM PLUMBING PROBLEMS