ASK A WESTWOOD, NJ PLUMBER: SHOULD I BE CONCERNED ABOUT CLANGING PIPES?
June 26, 2013
Problems with the plumbing in our homes are very troublesome, especially considering number of uses we put it to each and every day. If you hope to get the best performance possible from the plumbing system in your home it is necessary that you take any irregularities with the operation of that system seriously. For instance, if your plumbing starts to make a lot of noise, it can be a sign of an issue somewhere in the system. Because you depend on the proper operation of your plumbing for so much, though, it is necessary that you have any issues inspected by a qualified plumber in Westwood, NJ. Call BZ Dependable.
There are a lot of reasons why the pipes in your home may be clanging or banging. This occurrence is fairly common with steam heating systems. A boiler is used to heat water in order to create steam. It is possible for the pipes that distribute this steam to be flooded by the water if there is too much of it in the system. That is why you must have a licensed plumber come to inspect the situation if you notice a clanging sound. By draining the steam pipes and establishing the proper amount of water that should be in the system your plumber can help you get a better performance from your system.
If you use a radiant heating system in your home, it is possible for air to get into the pipes. This can result in the development of gurgling or pounding sound in the system. Again, a professional technician will have to assess this situation and may have to purge the air from the system.
The most common cause of noisy water pipes is high water pressure in your system. If the water pressure in your plumbing system is too high the water may “hammer” in your pipes. This can lead to more serious problems, as it may indicate a pressure imbalance in the system or lead to your pipes working loose from their fixtures.
Do not let minor problems with your plumbing system lead to serious issues. Call a Westwood, NJ plumber at BZ Dependable to schedule service as soon as you discover a problem. Let us help you get the great performance you deserve from your plumbing system.
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on ASK A WESTWOOD, NJ PLUMBER: SHOULD I BE CONCERNED ABOUT CLANGING PIPES?
June 19, 2013
Are you frustrated by a spray of cold water as you try to enjoy your hot shower? Or by the amount of water that goes down the drain unused? Fixing leaky showerheads may seem like a minor issue, but it’s actually incredibly important to your plumbing system that any leaks are taken care of promptly. Neglecting them leads to higher utility bills, and increased risk of major damage. There are various reasons why your showerhead may be leaking, but if you’re thinking of attempting to fix the leak yourself, there are a few things you can do before calling a professional plumber. Call BZ Dependable today for comprehensive plumbing in Bergen County.
Try to remove your showerhead by hand. If it won’t budge, then you may need a wrench or pliers. Once it’s off, there may be some kind of gasket, washer, or O-ring where the showerhead screws into the supply pipe. This should be replaced if it looks damaged or worn. Put the showerhead back on gently, making sure it is firmly screwed on, but there’s no need to tighten it with anything other than your hand. Once re-attached, the problem should be solved..
If not, and there is still a constant leak, then there could be a problem with the shower water valve itself, which is supply water to the pipe despite what the faucet says. This is a job for a professional plumber, so if the initial DIY approach didn’t pan out, then you can rely on a plumber to diagnose the issue for you. While such leaks seem minor, they can adversely affect your plumbing system. They can lead to structural damage, higher utility bills, and increased wear and tear on your piping.
Looking for a great plumbing service in Bergen County? Call BZ Dependable today!
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on BERGEN COUNTY PLUMBING TIP: FIXING LEAKY SHOWER HEADS
June 11, 2013
The toilet in your home is critical part of your daily comfort. When it starts to leak it can mean that you might not be able to use that fixture. The Westwood, NJ plumbing repair professionals at BZ Dependable have put together a short list of some of the things that could cause your toilet to leak.
- Wax seal – Underneath your toilet is a large wax ring, several inches thick, that seals the connection between your toilet and the drain pipe below. Over time, that wax seal can dry out and crack. This will allow water to leak out from under your toilet.
- Caulking – Your toilet likely has a caulking seal around the base of it can keeps water from your shower, sink or bathtub from seeping underneath it. However, if the caulking gets old and peels off the opposite could happen: water from under your toilet could seep out.
- Water intake – Behind your toilet is a valve where new water comes in to fill the tank. If your home or toilet is told those valve seals could start to wear out and allow water to leak behind your toilet. This will definitely require professional Westwood, NJ plumbing repair as replacing those valves will require turning off the water to your home.
For all your Westwood, NJ plumbing repair services, call the friendly plumbing experts at BZ Dependable. We can work with any type of toilet that you might have and fix any kind of repair that you may be experiencing.
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on WESTWOOD, NJ PLUMBING REPAIR FAQ: WHY IS THERE WATER AT THE BASE OF MY TOILET?
June 4, 2013
Do you have slow drains in your home? Are you worried that your plumbing system will shut down because of a clogged drain? While we often think of plumbing as faucets, fixtures, and hot water, we overlook the important role that our drainpipes play. We would not be able to enjoy hot showers or clean clothes without them. That’s why it’s important to do everything you can to avoid having to call a plumber to come unclog your drains. Although we’re happy to do it and we offer 24/7 emergency repair, we’d rather you avoided the trouble. Call a Fair Lawn, NJ plumber at BZ Dependable today if you’re in need of professional repair or drain cleaning service.
- Schedule drain cleaning: This is the best way to prevent clogged drains. Considering the amount of wear and tear that your drainpipes endure on a daily basis—think of all that hair, grease, soap scum, and organic waste—it’s no wonder that your drainpipes might begin to accumulate debris on the interior surface. When this accumulation becomes substantial enough, it can attract other debris, and that’s how a clog forms. Drain cleaning uses safe, effective technology to ensure that your drains are cleaned thoroughly.
- BioSmart drain treatment: This is another option available to our customers. Forget toxic and hazardous chemicals that tend only to ruin your plumbing and offer temporary results. BioSmart drain treatment is an excellent way to ensure that your drains are cleaned naturally. This treatment puts bacteria and enzymes within your drainpipes that break up and remove clogs in your drainpipes. The best part is that it continues to work long after you have rinsed the drainpipes, and keeps your plumbing in great shape, without negatively impacting the environment.
- No hair and grease: Try to avoid putting hair and grease down your drainpipes. Use a hair stopper in the shower or bathtub, and collect grease in a separate container for disposal. While grease may be liquid when hot, it becomes a sticky paste when it cools off and this leads to clogs.
Call BZ Dependable today if you’re in need of an expert Fair Lawn, NJ plumber for drain cleaning or repair services.
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on ASK A FAIR LAWN, NJ PLUMBER: HOW TO STOP CLOGGED DRAINS FROM HAPPENING