ASK A WESTWOOD, NJ PLUMBER: WHY DO MY DRAINS SMELL?
July 29, 2013
Whether it’s brushing your teeth, flushing the toilet, or doing dishes, your home’s drains get a ton of use every single day. All this use can lead to a number of common problems including smelly drains. We’ve responded to countless calls for service and we wanted to put together a quick explanation of why your drains might be emitting a foul odor.
Most homeowners don’t realize that their plumbing system functions thanks to a delicate balance of pressure. As water flows through the pipes in your home, it will push air through the pipes along with it. Whether it’s because of a clog or because of poor installation, this pressure can become imbalanced and lead to a number of different issues—one of them being smelly drains.
Most of the drains in your home have something called a U-bend or a trap. This is a u-shaped piece of pipe located below the sink. If you look under your kitchen or bathroom sink you should be able to find it easily. The bottom of the U is normally supposed to full of water which creates a barrier or seal between the sink and the rest of drain. This seal prevents the foul-smelling sewer gases from getting back up the drain and coming out of the sink.
But sometimes, because of a pressure imbalance, this seal won’t form or it will dry out. This allows all of the bad odors from your plumbing system to come right up out of the sink and into your bathroom or kitchen.
If your drains are already starting to smell then you need to call a plumber. But in the future, there is one way that you might be able to avoid many types of plumbing problems, including smelly drains. Getting regular maintenance for your home’s plumbing system is one of the best things that you can do for your pipes. Plumbing problems usually don’t happen overnight but instead develop over time. During a maintenance visit, your plumber will look for any signs that the pressure in your pipes isn’t balanced or that you have clogs starting to develop.
When you need a plumber in Westwood, NJ, just call the specialists at BZ Dependable.
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on ASK A WESTWOOD, NJ PLUMBER: WHY DO MY DRAINS SMELL?
July 22, 2013
When you start to have any issues with your plumbing system, it is usually not a good idea to wait to call for plumbing repair in Englewood, NJ. Calling as soon as you realize there’s a problems is a great way to fix the issue early and potentially keep the problem from getting worse.
Here are a few of the reasons why you should call early for plumbing repair in Englewood, NJ.
- Convenience – If your home’s plumbing system isn’t working well, then it likely means that you aren’t able to carry out a number of important daily tasks. If your pipes are clogged, it could mean that your shower drains are slowing down, that your dishwasher isn’t draining properly or that your toilets aren’t flushing as well. Calling early for plumbing repair will allow you to get back to your normal routine.
- Speed –While there are some plumbing problems you can fix yourself, many issues with your pipes and drains need professional service. Calling a plumber will ensure your problem is fixed quickly, and by someone with years of experience diagnosing plumbing issues.
- Quality – You don’t want to sacrifice anything when it comes to your home’s plumbing system. You use your drains and your pipes every single day, which is why you need to make sure that the problem is fixed right the first time. Calling a licensed plumber is the best way to get the quality service you deserve.
If you need any kind of plumbing repair in Englewood, NJ, make sure that you call the experts at BZ Dependable. Our plumbers have years of experience working on different types of plumbing issues. We can figure out exactly what’s causing the problems for your plumbing and then get it fixed fast.
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on 3 REASONS NOT TO PUT OFF PLUMBING REPAIR IN ENGLEWOOD, NJ
July 15, 2013
Drip. Drip. Drip. The sound of a leaky faucet can be maddening, especially if you’re trying to sleep at night. The kitchen and bathroom faucets are some of the most utilized fixtures in your home. You use them to brush your teeth, and to clean your pots and pans. But like any other part of your home, they can encounter problems during operation that may warrant professional care. One common issue is a dripping faucet. Call BZ Dependable for all of your plumbing repair needs in Bergenfield, NJ. We can take care of any problems that you may have, large or small.
- Causes: There could be several causes to your dripping faucet. There is a disc called the O-ring that can become worn down over time, which can lead to leaking near the handle. Your faucet is a mechanism that holds in the pressurized water supply and allows you to turn it on and off. In order to do this, there is a valve seat that closes this supply when it’s not in use. Over time, this can corrode, which leads to leaking. Whether due to improper installation or mechanical failure, there’s several reasons for your dripping faucet.
- The cost of the drip: Don’t underestimate the cost of that dripping faucet. Leaks in your home can add up to thousands of gallons of wasted water over the course of a year. That’s not only wasteful in terms of your surrounding ecosystem, but it also adds substantially to your utility bill. Taking care of any dripping faucets as soon as you find them is a great way to ensure that you use water efficiently in the home.
- Further damage: Neglecting repair needs as soon as they arise is an easy way to create opportunities for further damage to occur. Whenever you have a problem with your plumbing system you also have the potential for water damage, which is something no one wants in their home.
Call one of the expert plumbers at BZ Dependable today for plumbing repair in Bergenfield, NJ.
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on BERGENFIELD, NJ PLUMBING REPAIR NEEDS: WHY IS MY FAUCET DRIPPING?
July 8, 2013
Your entire plumbing system works hard every single day, and it needs to be in good condition in order for you to be able to carry out many of your necessary tasks like showering and cleaning your home. But how can you be sure that your pipes are working well? If you need a plumber in Dumont, NJ, make sure that you call the friendly experts at BZ Dependable. Here are a few easy ways that you can help make sure that your home’s plumbing system works efficiently and that it lasts for as long as possible.
- Get regular maintenance – Probably the best way for you to ensure that your pipes and plumbing are in good condition is to have them inspected regularly by a professional. During regular maintenance visit, your Dumont, NJ plumber will look for any signs of leaks, cracks and clogs and then repair them before they can cause further issues. Not only will this help you rest easy that your pipes are in good shape, but it will also help them last longer and work better.
- Stop clogs before they start – There are a few things that you homeowners should know in order to treat their pipes well. In particular, your kitchen sink needs to be protected because of how much solid food waste it handles every day. Make sure that you don’t put any animal bones, fruit pits, melted fat and grease down your kitchen sink as these things can cause clogs.
- Get a descaler – If your home has hard water it means that there are excess minerals in it like calcium and magnesium. These minerals can get deposited in your home’s pipes and cause them to clog up. A descaling or water treatment system can help remove those minerals so that your pipes stay cleaner.
If you need a plumber in Dumont, NJ, just call the specialists at BZ Dependable.
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on ASK A DUMONT, NJ PLUMBER: HOW CAN I BE SURE MY PIPES ARE IN GOOD SHAPE?
July 2, 2013
The 4th of July will forever hold a very special place in the history of the United States of America. On this day in 1776, the second Continental Congress approved the Declaration of Independence.
Not only is Independence Day an important day in our nation’s history, but for many people it is a day that is filled with memories from celebrations of years past. Fireworks, barbeques, baseball games, fairs, carnivals, patriotic music and ceremonies are all scattered through our memories as we’ve participated in annual parties, get-togethers, picnics and family gatherings throughout the years. John Adams, our 2nd president, was right when he said that our Independence Day “…ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more.”
The 4th of July is truly a day to enjoy but also to remember and respect the sacrifice that many brave men and women made over 200 years ago to give us the freedom that we cherish today. However you celebrate Independence Day, make sure that you take a moment to remember what this day is really about.
We wish you a safe and happy 4th of July!
Posted in Happy Holidays
| Comments Off on HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!