THE BENEFITS OF COPPER PIPES
Here in Westwood, NJ, boilers are a common way of heating your home. An existing radiator system can cost a great deal to replace, especially if the boiler continues to work as it should. Noise form your boiler, such as rumbling or banging sounds, can often indicate a problem in need of repair. The causes can vary, but if your boiler is rumbling, it pays to consult a Westwood, NJ boiler repair expert.
In some cases, that rumbling is merely a sign of “kettling,” caused by hard water in the boiler. The hard water can leave mineral deposits on the heat exchangers, and the mineral deposits can cause some of the water to be heated too much. This creates air bubbles which make noise when they collapse. Kettling is a sign of inefficient heating, so call a professional if you think this is the issue with your boiler.
A banging noise could be an issue with your expansion tank. The expansion tank is supposed to protect your boiler system from excessive pressure. If the expansion tank isn’t regulating the pressure effectively, you might hear a banging noise when the pressure release valve opens. Banging could also be a problem with air in the pipes.
Regardless of the cause, the situation is serious enough to merit a call to a professional. Most boiler system will shut off automatically when these problems get bad enough, but in the meantime, they will cost you wasted energy and higher monthly heating bills. In Westwood, NJ, boiler repairs can be handled by the experts at BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc.. We can pinpoint the reasons your boiler is rumbling, and enact repairs right away. Give us a call to set up an appointment; you’ll be glad you did!
Here on the East Coast, you need a good heating system to keep your home warm during those cold winter days. If you’re looking at installing a new heating system, you have many options to choose from, and the best one depends on your particular circumstances. Even so, there are some definite advantages to going with boiler. Here’s why a boiler may be your best option for heating this winter.
- Efficiency and convenience. Boilers use radiant heat to do their work, sending warm energy into your home through a system of pipes and radiators. There is little sound as it does its work and boilers don’t create any breeze: eliminating the problems of drafts and cold spots that often accompany forced-air furnaces.
- Clean Air: Along those lines, because boilers don’t distribute heat though air ducts, they don’t circulate dust, bacteria or other types of allergens. That helps keep the air cleaner and reduces irritation to the nose and throat, as well as ensuring that the air inside your home doesn’t get too dry in the winter (which can cause additional health problems.)
- Reliability. Boilers don’t have many moving parts, which means they rarely need repairs. That also grants them a very long lifespan, allowing you to rely on them for many years to come provided they are properly maintained.
If you need boiler installation service in Westwood NJ or the surrounding areas, call BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating Inc. We can discuss your options with you and install your new boiler with professionalism and care. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment!
Is your boiler an older model that burns oil to heat up the water in its tank? If so, you should give serious consideration to making the conversion from oil to natural gas. You might think that the process is too great a hassle. Although it is true that the conversion requires extensive and highly technical work, if you find the right company to take on the task, the job will go fast and with few problems. You’ll like the benefits so much that you will find it hard to believe you ever got along without natural gas powering your boiler.
Here are 3 good reasons you should schedule an oil-to-gas conversion with BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc. You can rely on our services: we put “dependable” in our name for a reason!
Oil-to-Gas conversion benefits
- Save Money – Oil costs more than natural gas, and natural gas also burns more efficiently. This means that you will convert more of your supply of natural gas into heating power than you would a comparable amount of oil. How much will you save? The Federal Energy Information Administrations (EIA) looked into this and discovered through a study in 2011 that an average family using natural gas paid approximately $700 during a winter to heat their home, while a family using oil paid approximately $2,500! An oil-to-gas conversion will quickly pay for itself with this level of savings.
- Decreased environmental impact – Oil does not burn very cleanly; natural gas, on the other hand, is one of the cleanest burning of all fuels, creating few toxic or environmentally damaging emissions.
- Greater convenience – Have you ever run out of your supply of oil in your home at a bad time? With natural gas, you never have to worry about running out of fuel. Natural gas is piped directly into your home from a municipal supply. With oil, you have to wait for delivery—and forgetting to schedule delivery can result in a few very cold days.
Unfortunately, oil-to-gas conversion isn’t possible everywhere; you need to have a nearby natural gas pipeline, and not every location has access to this.
Call BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc. to start your conversion to the better, cleaner, more economical gas power for your boiler in Tenafly, NJ.