WHAT ARE SOME ALTERNATIVES TO USING CHEMICAL DRAIN CLEANERS?
July 28, 2014
You may have heard before that chemical drain cleaners—the type you find sitting on the shelves of grocery stores in the “housewares” aisle—are not actually good for drains. This is true. In fact, you should never use these store-bought chemical drain cleaners anywhere in your home. They are highly toxic, leave dangerous fumes when used, and can cause damage to skin and eyes if used incautiously. On top of this danger to you and your family, these acidic chemicals are damaging to drainpipes and eat away at their interiors.
There are all alternatives, however, and one that we at BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc. use in Bergenfield, NJ is the BioSmart drain treatment. There are some other methods that will work at clearing your drains and keeping them clean that won’t require you use even an ounce of acidic chemicals.
Drain cleaning alternatives that are safe and effective
- BioSmart drain treatment: BioSmart by Drain Maid is a liquid treatment that cleans drains without chemicals. It is a natural cleaner that uses the action of bacteria to cut through organic clogs and buildup inside drainpipes, and helps to prevent the problems from coming back. BioSmart contains a natural solution of bacteria that consumes grease, oil, fat, and other organic problems without leaving any environmentally harmful residue behind. BioSmart is approved by the U.S. EPA and is one of the comprehensive drain cleaning methods that comes with our highest recommendation.
- Motorized drain snakes: Drain snakes, also called drain augers, are simple but extremely effective devices for removing and breaking up drain clogs. A long coil of wires goes down the drain until it encounters the blockage. A motor then drills the coil down into the clog, much like the action of a corkscrew. A plumber can then break the clog apart or remove it, all without doing any damage to the drainpipe.
- Hydro-jetting: This is one of the most powerful of all drain cleaning methods. Hydro-jetters blast out high-pressure streams of scalding water along the insides of drainpipes. This is sufficient to cut through the toughest clogs, but also to clear away debris from the interior walls of the pipes to provide a deep level of cleansing. Because there is risk of injury with high-pressure water, the job of hydro-jetting must remain in the hands of trained plumbers who can use the equipment properly.
We offer the BioSmart drain treatment in Bergenfield, NJ and other methods that will leave you with clean, healthy plumbing.
Whether you want to clear out a tough sink clog, or you want full cleaning to keep your drains working efficiently, call on BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc.
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on WHAT ARE SOME ALTERNATIVES TO USING CHEMICAL DRAIN CLEANERS?
July 21, 2014
Advances in technology have allowed plumbing repairs to become faster and more efficient than ever before. Today, when you call for a plumber to find and fix a leak in your house, you won’t have to worry about having walls ripped open and hours of repair work that will interfere with daily routines. Plumbers have new tools the training to use them that permit them to finish their jobs quickly—and more effectively—than in the past.
One of the essential tools of the modern plumber is video pipe inspection equipment, which can assist in a variety of repair jobs. At BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc., we use the finest video pipe inspection equipment for Fair Lawn, NJ plumbing repair calls. You can rely on our services when you need fast help with your plumbing.
What video pipe inspection is and what it can do for repairs
The standard video inspection equipment kit consist of a miniaturized camera and powerful LED light mounted on the end of a long, flexible fiber-optic cable that the plumber sends down into drains or other access points on plumbing. The cable connects to a video monitor, where the plumber can see a feed from the camera that displays the interior of the plumbing.
One of the best repair uses of this equipment is to locate leaks. Using the video feed from the camera, a plumber can pinpoint the exact location of a tough-to-find leak and know its size and how best to repair it.
Video inspection is also helpful for determining the reasons for high water pressure or low water pressure. The camera will show the plumber if the inside of the pipe is developing mineral deposits from hard water, or places where blockages are preventing water flow. The camera image will also inform the plumber about the nature of the deposit or the clog. This is particularly helpful for sewer lines, which can suffer from root infestations; if a plumber can determine that the sewer line blockage comes from roots, it can save on costly excavations.
Using video inspection is also helpful for determining the condition of older pipes to spot issues like corrosion; this permits targeted pipe replacement.
Thanks to video pipe inspection equipment, plumbers have an easier time knowing what to fix, where to fix it, and how to fix it. With much of the guesswork eliminated, repairs will go speedier and get done right the first time.
You don’t have to worry about the specifics of video pipe inspection in Fair Lawn, NJ: all you have to do is call a skilled plumbing service that will put this technology, and other advanced tools, to work taking care of your plumbing repair needs.
For reliable, professional video pipe inspection services in Fair Lawn, NJ contact our team of experts at BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc.
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on HOW WILL VIDEO PIPE INSPECTION HELP WITH PLUMBING REPAIRS?
July 14, 2014
Repairs for the plumbing at your business isn’t something that you can wait to schedule. The moment you think you have a problem with your plumbing system, you need fast professional work done on it. A serious issue in the plumbing not only endangers the comfort and convenience of your employees and customers/clients, it also risks violating local health codes. Make sure you call a contractor for commercial plumbing repair in Bergen County, NJ who can take care of the necessary work fast and reliably.
BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc. has a team of plumbers trained to tackle any commercial plumbing repair you need. They are also available for annual inspections and maintenance as well plumbing installation for your growing business.
Watch for these 3 signs you need plumbing repair
It’s important that you schedule plumbing repair early, before the trouble can seriously endanger your water supply and sewer system. Here are some indicators that will tell you when you should contact the professional plumbers.
- Drop in water pressure: If the water from faucets starts to come out weaker than before, then you are experiencing a loss in water pressure throughout the system. There are a number of reasons this might occur, but the most serious one is leaking. You could have a series of small leaks or one major leak somewhere. Leaks are often hard to find until they become major problems threatening parts of the building with flooding and damage to construction material, so at the first sign of a loss of water pressure you need to call for plumbers to perform leak detection and pinpoint where the leaks are occurring.
- Increased water bills: As a business owner, you will keep a close watch on monthly expenses. Do not let an unexpected spike in your water bills go without attention! This is one of the major red flags that you have faulty plumbing, such as leaking.
- Consistent clogging: If you have numerous sinks and toilets in your business, continual back-ups and clogs are a warning sign that you have a problem with the sewer line that runs to the municipal system. This is potentially a major health code violation, and can lead to sewage flooding into the lower parts of your building (often in important storage areas). Do not wait when consistent clogs become noticeable; you may need sewer line repairs right away.
Turn to commercial plumbing experts
You can’t depend on plumbers who are only familiar with residential plumbing for your commercial plumbing repair in Bergen County, NJ. You need plumbers who understand commercial systems and the various plumbing codes, and who can fix the problem with as much speed and accuracy as possible.
You can depend on the company that puts “dependable” in its name: BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc. We strive for the best in customer service and satisfaction.
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on 3 SIGNS THAT YOU NEED COMMERCIAL PLUMBING REPAIR
July 7, 2014
Wastewater drainage is one of the two halves of the plumbing system in your house. The other is the pipes that bring fresh water from the municipal system into your home and to the various taps and appliances that use it. The drain lines in your house are just as important, since they keep your house clean and hygienic.
There are two situations where you may need new drain installation in New Milford, NJ. The first is for new appliances and fixtures in your home that require drainage, such as a dishwasher in an expanded kitchen or a new bathroom but in as part of your remodeling. The second is when a damaged or corroded drain needs replacement; this is more common for older homes with galvanized steel plumbing that suffers from corrosion.
Whatever the reason you need drain installation, only rely on plumbers with experience and training to take on the task. BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc. is 100% committed to customer service, and we will arrive on time ready to do whatever work is necessary to keep your home plumbing at its best. Contact us today to set up an appointment.
What does drain installation involve?
First, it involves calling for professional plumbers; this is not a DIY adventure, since the lastthing you want with your drainage is to have it backup!
The drain installers will make plans to keep your plumbing up to code (because drains eventually empty into a municipal sewer line, the drainage in your house must meet local code requirements set by the utility company). The plumbers must determine flow rates based on variables like water pressure and the amount of water that will go down the drain. This will help them estimate the proper-sized line to use. If the plumbers are replacing an older line, they will check if perhaps a large line should be used.
The most difficult part of installation involves the excavation necessary to remove the old pipe (if this is a replacement job) and install the new one. The contractors will carefully plan for this stage so that your home will experience as little interruption to water flow as possible, and so that the installers can restore the flooring material with as little evidence as possible they were ever there.
Drain installation is an extensive project, and you must make certain that your home receives the best job possible so you will have effective wastewater removal and remain up to code.
Contact BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc. and let our comprehensive services for sewer lines and drain installation in New Milford, NJ handle your home plumbing needs.
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on WHAT’S INVOLVED IN DRAIN INSTALLATION?
July 4, 2014
If you grew up in the United States, you probably first saw John Trumbull’s painting of the Signing of the Declaration of Independence in an elementary schoolbook. This oil-on-canvas 12’ x 18’ painting hangs in the rotunda of the United States Capitol in Washington, D.C. It is one of the most famous symbols of freedom in the country and almost every citizen can conjure it from memory.
Except… the painting isn’t of the singing of the Declaration of Independence. The actual title of the work is Declaration of Independence, and although it does portray an important moment in the history of the document that announced the Thirteen Colonies’ decision to break away from British rule, the event in the painting occurred on June 28, 1776, not July 4, 1776.
John Trumbull, a Connecticut native who fought in the Revolutionary War and whose father was the state governor, was commissioned to create the painting in 1817. He did painstaking research on the figures in the picture and also visited Independence Hall to see the actual chamber where the Second Continental Congress met. Trumbull only included 42 of the original 56 signers, because he could not find adequate likenesses for 14 or them, and added a few figures who were not present (most of whom declined to sign the actual document). In fact, the men depicted in the painting had never been present in the same room at one time.
So if the painting does not portray the singing of the Declaration of Independence, what is happening in the image? The Trumbull’s scene depicts the presentation of the draft of the declaration to the Continental Congress for editing and approval. The five-man drafting committee (John Adams, Roger Sherman, Robert R. Livingston, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin) is handing over their finished work, which congress would then edit carefully over the next few days before voting on it and signing it on the day that we now celebrate as the start of the United States of America.
One last, odd, fact: two of the five-man drafting committee, John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, both died on the July 4—although many years later.
Our family at BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating hopes that your Fourth of July (or Twenty-Eighth of June if you decided to start celebrating early) is a memorable and happy one.
Posted in Happy Holidays
| Comments Off on THE FAMOUS PAINTING OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE ISN’T WHAT YOU THINK IT IS