WHY PROFESSIONALS USE VIDEO PIPE INSPECTION IN PLUMBING
February 27, 2015
Whenever someone mentions a plumbing problem with a main plumbing line like a sewer or septic line, images of a ripped up lawn pretty instantly come to mind. This is because many times, the process of finding an issue with a main water line or sewer line involved unearthing the entire pipe. But when video pipe inspection is used, your plumber will be able to see the innards of your piping without digging up a single speck of dirt. Video pipe inspection in Dumont isn’t used just in cases of repair; it can also be used as a great maintenance tool. Why? A video pipe inspection allows your plumber to get a bird’s eye view of the inside of your pipes, so if there are any blockages, damage or corrosion, these problems will be spotted before they can cause big problems for your home. How does video pipe inspection work? Let’s take a look.
HOW VIDEO INSPECTION WORKS
When a professional plumber uses video to inspect your pipes, it may not look like he has a camera at all; this is because thanks to fiber optics, the cameras are very small and are attached to cables that are very similar to the same kinds of cables used to snake drains. And in fact, this is what the plumber is going to do: snake the video camera through your pipes to get a full look at what’s going on. The cameras used for video pipe inspection are high resolution, so the picture that your plumber sees on the monitor is very clear and detailed. The images are viewed in real time and can also be saved, and many cameras also include radio transmitters that allow measuring between the camera’s location and the surface.
BENEFITS OF USING VIDEO PIPE INSPECTION
With video pipe inspection, your plumber can pinpoint the exact location of a problem within a pipe, eliminating guesswork and the need to rip up a floor or your yard in an effort to find a blockage or leak. This makes the entire process less invasive and cumbersome for both plumber and homeowner alike. It also makes repair and maintenance work more efficient and less time consuming, which can save you money.
If you have concerns about a block in your plumbing system, or simply want a thorough check of the system, call the experts at BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc., today and schedule an appointment for video pipe inspection.
Posted in Drain and Sewer
| Comments Off on WHY PROFESSIONALS USE VIDEO PIPE INSPECTION IN PLUMBING
February 21, 2015
Have you started to notice that your heating system isn’t performing quite as it should be? It isn’t unusual for heating systems to develop problems mid-winter, especially if they haven’t been maintained in a while. However, it can sometimes be difficult to see that a problem may have developed because your system is still operational. To help you better determine if your system has a problem, here are some warning signs to be aware of should your heating system in Paramus need repair:
Low Volume of Heat
There can be a few reasons why your home isn’t getting the volume of warm air it should be. One of the most common is a dirty air filter. Dirty air filters can become so clogged that they restrict the air flow in your system, which can reduce the volume of air flowing through your system. Another common problem that can cause low air flow is the blower. The fan in your system is responsible for pushing the warm air through your ductwork and into your living spaces, and if something is wrong with yours, you may not get the amount of air you need.
Strange Sounds or Odors
There are normal operational sounds associated with any heating system, but sounds like bangs, screeches, loud clicking, etc., do not fall into the “normal” category. The same goes for odors: your heating system shouldn’t ever have an overpowering smell of any kind. If it does, it’s time to call for a specialist.
High Energy Bills
If you haven’t changed how you heat your home, but you are suddenly seeing some very large energy bills, it’s likely a problem has developed with your system. Why? Because a high energy bill indicates that your system is suddenly using much more energy to operate, and this is likely due to a problem in the system.
Repair issues do not disappear on their own, and typically become worse with time.
If you are seeing the signs that it may be time for heating repair for your Paramus home, call the experts at BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc., today!
Posted in Heating
| Comments Off on SIGNS IT’S TIME FOR HEATING REPAIR IN PARAMUS
February 14, 2015
Hollywood has always tried to match movies up to the seasons to draw droves of viewers to the theaters: October is packed with fright-offerings, while the winter holidays skew toward warm and pleasing family films (as well as Oscar hopefuls). Valentine’s Day falls in an odd spot when it comes to the movie release calendar, however, since February tends to be a slower time for the film industry. The studios are as likely to slot strange movies that don’t fit anywhere else in their annual schedules into the Valentine’s Day weekend as they are films with powerful romantic appeal.
So, while the second weekend of February has featured hugely successful romantic comedies like Hitch, The Wedding Singer, and (of course) Valentine’s Day, some truly weird choices have debuted in this weekend as well. And a few have even gone on to tremendous success despite the bizarre match with the holiday. Here are a couple of the odder Valentine’s Day movie releases:
- Dracula (1931): Yes, this Halloween perennial and the start of Universal Studio’s Classic Monsters actually came out on Valentine’s Day! But perhaps this makes some sense, as the Dracula legend has often received a “doomed lover” approach in the many years since Bela Lugosi made the aristocratic vampire a screen icon.
- The Silence of the Lambs (1991): Does any film seem less appropriate for Valentine’s Day than this unnerving and sometimes very violent psychological thriller? What’s even more astonishing than the film’s release date is that The Silence of the Lambs eventually nabbed the Oscar for Best Picture, an almost unheard of occurrence for a movie released so early in the year.
- Daredevil (2003): This Marvel comic adaptation featuring Ben Affleck as a blind superhero does contain a romantic subplot, but the stronger connection to Valentine’s Day may just be that Daredevil wears a bright red costume.
- A Good Day to Die Hard (2013): The least successful of the Die Hard film franchise, this is an excellent example of a studio dropping a film into a weekend where it doesn’t fit in the hopes that it works as counter-programming. (It didn’t.)
- Wayne’s World (1992): Now here is an example of counter-programming that clicked with audiences. This comedy based on a Saturday Night Live sketch turned into one of that year’s biggest hits and spawned a sequel.
Whether you celebrate Valentine’s Day with a trip to the movie theater, or you have your own special plans, everyone here at B.Z. Dependable hopes you and your loved ones have a wonderful weekend.
Posted in News & PR
| Comments Off on SOME OF THE UNUSUAL MOVIES RELEASED FOR VALENTINE’S DAY
February 5, 2015
Modern plumbing systems are necessary for any home or business to function. And while they’re designed to last a number of years, unfortunately, at some time or another, even the best laid pipes can fail. When this happens to you, you’ll need to schedule replacement services for parts of pipes or possibly for your entire plumbing system. But how do you know when it’s time?
For the most part, when your New Milford plumbing system is running into trouble, you should call on an expert to best determine the next course of action.
Signs to look out for
There are a few things you may want to look out for when you are trying to determine whether your pipes need replacement. In general, however, you should trust a plumbing professional to inspect the pipes and make the final decision with you.
- Low water pressure – If the water pressure in your home is not up to your standards, it may be due to leaks and holes throughout the water supply pipes. When leaks begin to affect the water pressure in your home noticeably, it’s usually a sign that there are larger leaks along the pipes or perhaps that there are several smaller leaks. In either case, it may be due to corrosion, a problem that will require immediate repiping services.
- Material – You may need to replace pipes even if they don’t appear to be running into trouble if they are made from galvanized steel. Galvanized steel is a material that was retired for plumbing systems decades ago because of their proclivity towards rust and corrosion. Even if you’ve never had a problem before, there’s still a chance that your pipes may run into trouble, so you may need to replace now to prevent the chances of a leak later on.
- Old age – The age of your home may give you some indication as to the age of your pipes if you’re unsure. Pipes can last several decades, but only if they’re installed soundly, and if they receive proper maintenance from a trained professional. Usually, however, about 40-60 years means it’s time for your pipes to retire.
Call BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc. when you need to find out whether your pipes can be salvaged or if replacement is a better option. Call us today to speak with honest, reliable experts about your plumbing in New Milford.
At BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc., we use the latest technology to inspect your plumbing, and we will give you an honest assessment of the state of your pipes.
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on DO MY PIPES NEED REPLACING?