Because of their simple, effective design, boilers don’t have the same amount of problems and need for repair that other home heating options do. Of course, no system is without potential for problems, and boilers are no exception. Before you jump ahead to looking for a replacement boiler, though, remember that there are many problems that are very common and easily repaired. When you experience a problem with your boiler call the Tenafly heating professionals at BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating Inc. for the repair service you need. We’re always happy to help you get your boiler back up and running. Here are some of the most common boiler problems and repairs that we see.
- Lack of Heat or Hot Water: When it’s cold out the lack of heat is a serious problem. It is also one of the most common boiler issues that we encounter. There are a number of possible culprits, including broken air locks to low water levels. Most of the time the repair is simple, quick and affordable, so remember to call your heating service provider before jumping to any conclusions.
- Water Leaks: Finding water on the ground or surfaces around your boiler can be nerve wracking. More often than not, though, it is a relatively minor problem. A loose joint, pipe corrosion and many other factors may lead to water leaks, but they are usually easy to deal with for a professional boiler repair technician.
- Pilot Light Won’t Stay Lit: If your boiler system’s pilot light is going out it there are a few possible problems. The thermocouple could be broken, and is easily replaced. Sometimes the issue is as simple as dirt buildup on the pilot, and all that is needed is a bit of cleaning. Whatever is causing your pilot to go out, a professional technician such as those at BZ Dependable should be able to diagnose and resolve the problem completely.
- Condensate Pipe Freezes: A system breakdown can be a major concern, but the cause is not always that serious. Most modern boilers have a condensation pipe, and because this pipe transports water it is possible for it to freeze up.
- Kettling: Kettling is common in homes where hard water is an issue. If lime scale builds up on your boiler’s heat exchanger steam bubbles may be produced, causing loud banging sound. The removal of the lime scale buildup can solve the problem.
Be sure to have your boiler professionally maintained routinely to avoid the development of these problems. Tenafly boiler repair professionals, such as those at BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, will be able to get your boiler operating effectively and efficiently again.