TENAFLY, NJ PLUMBING REPAIR QUESTION: MY TANKLESS WATER HEATER IS UNRELIABLE – WHAT DO I DO?
April 22, 2013
You rely on your water heater on a daily basis to provide hot water to your bathroom and kitchen appliances, as well as your washing machine. If your water heater is finicky, or otherwise problematic, then you may not know whether your shower is going to be cold or not, or whether your laundry will be washed properly. If you find that your water heater is unreliable, make sure you get in touch with your local plumber. For Tenafly, NJ plumbing repairservices, contact the experts at BZ Dependable today!
So, your tankless water heater fails to heat the hot water as it should on a regular basis—what do you do?
- Check your warranty: What does your manufacturer or installer’s warranty cover exactly? Make sure you know about any services you’re entitled to. This should be the first step if you find that your tankless water heater no longer works as it should.
- Call your local plumber: Tankless water heaters are more complicated than tank storage models. There might be a quick and easy solution to the problem that you have not yet discovered. Referring the issue to your local plumber can help you determine the problem and the solution.
- Consider replacement: If your water heater is old, or requires frequent repairs, consider replacing it with a new energy efficient model. Every year, water heaters are getting more and more energy efficient. However, the most important part of water heater installation is ensuring that it’s completed professionally by a certified plumber.
Don’t settle for anything less than comfort and convenience. If your tankless water heater is acting up, or doesn’t respond to your hot water needs, make sure you hire a professional who will help you solve the problem. For Tenafly, NJ plumbing repair services, call the experts at BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating Inc. today!
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on TENAFLY, NJ PLUMBING REPAIR QUESTION: MY TANKLESS WATER HEATER IS UNRELIABLE – WHAT DO I DO?
April 8, 2013
While you may have already begun your spring cleaning around the house, you may not have thought about your sump pump. Because it’s often used as a kind of “insurance appliance” against occasional flooding or seasonal increases in rainfall, there are extended periods when it is not in use. As with any mechanical system, it’s important that your sump pump receive routine maintenance. It needs professional attention at least once a year so that you know it’s there when you need it most. In this post, we’d like to run you through some of our spring sump pump tips. For Fort Lee, NJ plumbing services, call BZ Dependable today!
Here are some things necessary for sump pump maintenance:
- Check power: Your sump pump relies on a steady stream of electric current, although it may also be equipped with a battery backup. Make sure that the pump has not become disconnected from its GFCI outlet that the cord is in good shape. If there’s a battery, replace it every once in a while so that you’re prepared in the event that your power goes out during a flood.
- Test: If your sump pump is out of shape, then put it to work. Dumping some water into the sump pit is a great way to ensure that your unit still works properly. A more comprehensive test should be carried out by a professional, who will perform a thorough inspection and cleaning of all its various components.
- Upright: Making sure that your sump pump stands upright, ready for action, is an essential part of your sump pump’s operation. If it has fallen, the float arm will not adequately sense the encroaching water levels.
- Check the outlet pipes: As you probably know, your sump pump has to pump water outside your home and not just into a drain or sewer. The integrity of your outlet pipe is critical to the sump pump’s performance. By regularly checking and cleaning the outlet system, you can ensure excellent and reliable water removal.
Don’t wait until the next basement flooding to see if your sump pump works. Schedule sump pump maintenance today. For Fort Lee, NJ plumbing services, call the experts at BZ Dependable today!
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on FORT LEE, NJ PLUMBING: SPRING SUMP PUMP TIPS
March 25, 2013
The first step to knowing whether you need a water filtration system is to answer this question: are you satisfied with the quality of your water? Moreover, do you know what’s in your water supply? If you think your water quality can be improved, now is the time to take action. One of the best ways to take control of what’s in your home water supply is a comprehensive water filtration installation. If you need water filtration in Teaneck, NJ, then call BZ Dependable today for more information or to schedule a consultation with one of our experts.
Contamination from underground sources, as well as pollution, is a risk to our water supply. If you think your home water suffers from any of the following contaminants, then you should probably consider water filtration:
- Biological contaminants. Microbes such as viruses, bacteria can enter your water supply and into your home. Your sensitivity and susceptibility to illness may vary, but if you think your water supply contains these contaminants, you should take action.
- Minerals: while most minerals in your drinking water are harmless, they can effect both the taste of your water and the condition of your pipes. If you have hard water in your home, water filtration can remove many of the minerals that can cause problems with water quality.
If you are at all concerned about the quality of the water you drink and use to bathe, then you may be interested in the Krystal Klear system. It’s one of the most comprehensive water filtration system on the market, and it works to soften hard water as well. It removes chlorine and other metallic, chemical, and biological contaminants. It does not require maintenance and it does not use a chemical or sodium to change the water. Instead, it uses an ionization process to filter your water supply electronically.
For more information about Teaneck, NJ water filtration services, call BZ Dependable today!
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on TEANECK WATER FILTRATION QUESTION: WHY DO I NEED A WATER FILTRATION SYSTEM?
March 18, 2013
You depend upon your sewerage system to dispose of your wastewater quickly and effectively. Leaks, clogs and other problems in your drains and sewer line can cause plumbing emergencies and can damage your indoor plumbing. Moreover, cross-contamination can occur if your sewer line is damaged. While drain and sewer repair is best left to the professionals, identifying drain and sewer problems in Tenafly NJ is just as important. Catching problems before they become major systemic issues is imperative to ensuring the longevity of your plumbing. Call BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating today to speak to a plumber.
Let’s take a look at some common indicators of drain and sewer problems in your home:
- Wastewater draining slowly. This indicates a partial blockage in your drain, or somewhere within the drainage system. The plumbers at BZ Dependable advise an eco-friendly solution, such as BioSmart, which clears slow drains without the use of dangerous and corrosive chemicals. Frequent use of powerful chemicals can ruin your drainpipes and create major replacement costs in the future.
- Wastewater doesn’t drain. If your bathroom or kitchen sink doesn’t drain at all, you have a total blockage of that drain. While a plunger may work, it may require the professional attention of a certified plumber, depending on the extent of the blockage, and where it is.
- Wet spots in the yard. If you see wet spots in the area above your sewer line, it probably means your sewer main is cracked or damaged. If it’s also smelly, it’s definitely wastewater leeching into your lawn. Make sure to get this sorted immediately as it can pose a health and environmental hazard to you and your neighbors.
- Wastewater coming back up. This is a plumbing emergency! It likely means that your sewer line is clogged so that the wastewater cannot enter into the septic tank or municipal waste management system. Video pipe inspection and sewer line replacementmay be necessary.
Whatever plumbing problems you may have, always rely on the services of a trained professional. For comprehensive sewer and drain repair in Tenafly NJ, call BZ Dependable today!
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on IDENTIFYING DRAIN AND SEWER PROBLEMS IN TENAFLY NJ
March 11, 2013
If you’re wondering about that calcified gunk on your faucets, it’s probably the mineral deposits left by hard water. Hard water is a common household problem throughout North America. While it’s not typically a health risk, it can have a damaging effect not only on faucets, but also on all of your plumbing and plumbed fixtures. When you have buildup on your faucets in Fort Lee, NJ, call the water filtration experts at BZ Dependable. We offer exceptional water filtration services that will help soften hard water.
The primary mineral ingredients that make your water “hard” are calcium and magnesium, both of which are necessary to good health in the right amounts. It’s determined by the concentration of positive metallic ions. Since water is such a good solvent, it naturally absorbs these minerals in as it passes through soil and rock.
Hard water can damage your plumbing and fixtures, as you know from the buildup on your faucets. Let’s take a look at some of the other signs that you have hard water:
- Spotting and filming on your dishes. Do your dishes never seem to get clean? Or do your clean dishes always seem to have spots on them? This is a common indication of hard water. The hot water used for dishwashing actually releases the minerals from the water faster.
- Laundry. If your clothes feel scratchy and look grimy when they come out of the washer, that can also indicate hard water. Depending on the quality of your hard water, this can significantly damage the fibers of your clothes.
- No soapsuds. Hard water often prevents the production of soapsuds during washing and cleaning.
If you think you may have hard water problems, there is a solution. The Krystal Klear water treatment system features an electronic descaler, which not only removes the hardness of your water but also keeps the healthy minerals in your water. It does this by electronically altering the ionic concentration of the water, by turning those bicarbonates into carbonates. This is not only a smart idea for the quality of your drinking and washing water, but it may be necessary if you want to ensure the longevity of your plumbing. For more information, call BZ Dependable today.
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on FORT LEE, NJ PLUMBING QUESTION: WHAT IS THIS BUILDUP ON MY FAUCETS?
February 25, 2013
More than 85% of homes in America have hard water. Hard water is usually not harmful to drink, but it can damage your plumbing. If you notice lime scale build-up on your faucets or sink drains, or if soap does not produce suds when combined with your tap water, you may have water with high mineral content. An electronic descaler may help you to avoid costly repairs to your plumbing in Fort Lee, NJ. To hear more about descaling technology, call BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating Inc. today.
Hard water damages your plumbing by allowing mineral deposits to build up on the insides of pipes, fittings, valves and drains. Calcium and magnesium bi-carbonate are the primary materials responsible for hard water. Some symptoms of hard water include:
- White or light green build-up on faucets, drains, at the base of pipe connections. This is the mineral content left after the evaporation of water. If you see it there, just imagine what the insides of your plumbing look like.
- Decreased water pressure. If systemic scaling has already occurred, then you may already notice a slightly obstructed water flow due to the build-up of scale on the insides of your pipes.
- Dishes covered in spots. If you notice that your dry dishes have spots, it could be an indication of hard water.
To get rid of hard water, you’ll need a more comprehensive descaling system than a water filter. The Krystal Klear electronic descaling system uses high-frequency electronic pulses to “soften” the chemical composition of hard water. There are many benefits to this system:
- Septic tank friendly.
- No negative impact. It provides clean water right away.
- Prevents biological contamination of your water supply. In areas where backflow is a concern, or in rural areas where water quality has to be monitored by the individual homeowner, the Krystal Klear excels at producing high-quality drinking water.
- Keeps minerals in the water. Unlike other systems that remove the beneficial mineral content entirely, our electronic descaling technology merely changes the chemical structure from a bicarbonate to a carbonate, so that the minerals are actually easier to absorb.
To learn more about Krystal Klear electronic descaling technology and how it may affect your Fort Lee, NJ home, speak to an expert at BZ Dependable today.
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on FORT LEE, NJ WATER TREATMENT GUIDE: BENEFITS OF ELECTRONIC DESCALERS
February 11, 2013
Even though we get our water from a utility company that purifies our water, there can still be a number of contaminants in your water. Some of the contaminants in your water are harmless but others can be quite dangerous. Removing those contaminants should be the priority of any homeowner concerned about the quality of their water. BZ Dependable provides complete water filtration system installation in Fair Lawn, NJ. We thought it would be helpful to put together a quick list of some of the contaminants that might be in your water.
If you have hard water in your home then it means that there are excess minerals in it. Calcium and magnesium are two of the most common minerals that are in hard water.
While those minerals aren’t necessarily harmful to you, they can cause huge damage to your pipes and to your appliances. Mineral build up can clog your dish washer drains or wear out the insides of your pipes.
Most water contains some chemicals, and most are completely harmless. However, your water will taste better and clean better the purer it is. Many filtration systems can remove chemicals in addition to minerals.
How to Remove Contaminants
Water filtration systems are one of the best ways to remove chemicals and minerals from your water supply. However, in order to accurately target the contaminants in your water supply, water testing is needed. BZ Dependable also offers water testing in Fair Lawn, NJ. If you suspect that you need water filtering for your home’s water supply in Fair Lawn, NJ, call BZ Dependable today.
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on FAIR LAWN, NJ WATER FILTRATION GUIDE: COMMON WATER CONTAMINANTS AND HOW TO REMOVE THEM
January 28, 2013
At BZ Dependable, we get many questions from our Fort Lee, NJ customers about boilers. One of the more common questions is how to know when it is time to replace a boiler. The best thing to do is to consult with a professional – we can inspect your current boiler system and give you an honest assessment of its condition. We’ll also test the efficiency so you know how effectively your current system is heating your home.
There are some factors to consider when determining whether or not a boiler replacement is the most cost-effective solution for you.
Having your boiler tested by one of our heating technicians is a great way to get started in the replacement process. If your current boiler is not working efficiently, you may want to replace it with a new high-efficiency model that has a higher efficiency rating. You could also have other issues, such as poor insulation or sealing, that are affecting overall home efficiency.
Many older homes were not properly insulated when they were built. Before you install a new high-efficiency boiler, you may need to retrofit other components or add insulation. Not doing these things first will not allow you to get the most energy savings from a new boiler.
You may also want to consider switching from oil to natural gas, and the technicians at BZ Dependable can certainly help you out with that. One of the main benefits of switching to a natural–gas powered boiler is that gas is a more cost-effective fuel source. Another added benefit is that you will no longer have to store a large tank for the oil or have it delivered, which also frees up space in your basement. With natural gas, the fuel for your new boiler will be piped directly into your home. Lastly, making the shift to natural gas helps reduce use of foreign oil reserves and reduces your carbon footprint while also saving you money!
Call the Fort Lee, NJ heating experts at BZ dependable for all your boiler needs!
Posted in Heating
| Comments Off on FORT LEE, NJ HEATING FAQ: HOW TO KNOW WHEN TO REPLACE A BOILER
January 14, 2013
For a long time, boilers have been one of the most popular home heating systems available, and with very good reason. They are extremely durable and have very long lifespans. Few moving parts mean that service and repair needs are minimized. However, you may experience some strange noises coming from your boiler every now and then. In many cases these noises will not result in the discovery of very serious problems. If you notice noises coming from the boiler in your Fort Lee home, though, you should always contact a professional at BZ Dependable to inspect your boiler and evaluate the situation.
Whenever you are dealing with a device that produces heat, it is likely that you will hear some strange noises every now and then. One of the most common noises that homeowners hear and are alarmed by is a loud banging coming from their boiler. This can be alarming but is often a minor issue such as air getting into the system. Considering the amount of water that your boiler holds and the potential for damage it represents, though, it is certainly advisable that you have any persistent noises checked out professionally just to be safe.
Another issue you may notice is a long, low rumbling sound. This rumbling noise may be the result of a condition called kettling. This happens when lime scale builds up on the heat exchange of your boiler. Steam bubbles can be produced, leading to the alarming rumbling noise that caught your attention.
If you notice a high pitched squealing noise coming from your boiler, it may the result of bearings in the boiler pump being worn down. If water is boiling off on its way through the heating coil, causing this squeal. In this case there is not enough water moving through at once.
As you can see there are a lot of potential odd noises the boiler in your Fort Lee home may make. There are even more causes. To discover the root cause of your troubling boiler sounds, contact BZ Dependable. There may not be a serious problem to be concerned about, but when it comes to your comfort and safety, we think it is always better to be safe than sorry.
Posted in Heating
| Comments Off on FORT LEE BOILER GUIDE: BOILER NOISES AND WHAT THEY MEAN
December 17, 2012
Boilers have been an extremely popular home heating method for a long time, and with very good cause. They are extremely durable and dependable, and they provide efficient, effective and even heating throughout a building. They also offer the benefit of operating on a variety of different fuel sources. Whereas coal was once a popular choice, now too oil is fading in popularity. Many areas even offer incentives for making the switch from oil to natural gas. If you are considering a natural gas conversion in your Fort Lee, NJ home consider this information about natural gas boilers from the home heating experts at BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating Inc..
One benefit of converting to natural gas is that natural gas is a largely domestic product. This helps reduce reliance on foreign oil supplies. It also means that natural gas is generally a cheaper fuel source to purchase. Of course newer gas-model boilers are also more efficient than the old oil-burning one you may have in your basement.
Another nice perk of using a natural gas burner is that the fuel source is piped directly into your home. There is no chance that you may run out of fuel for your boiler this way. You also do not need to schedule a delivery or pay to have that fuel brought to you.
Gas boilers are a very environmentally friendly heating source as well. They produce less carbon dioxide than oil or coal-burning models and do not require the transfer of a fuel from far distance sources. Why not consider a cleaner burning, more efficient and affordable heating option in your home.
For more information about how the use of a natural gas boiler in Fort Lee, NJ can benefit you, contact BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating Inc.. We are always happy to answer any questions that you may have. We look forward to helping you find the home heating option best suited for you.
Posted in Heating
| Comments Off on BENEFITS OF A NATURAL GAS BOILER IN FORT LEE, NJ