Here in Hillsdale, NJ, problems with your sewer line used to mean big trouble. The damage itself – whether a clog, a leak or general corrosion – wasn’t all that difficult to repair, but getting to the problem area could be a major hassle. You needed to dig down to it, which meant expensive construction equipment and longer man hours, then cover it up again when the repairs or replacement had been made. That became doubly problematic in the winter, when the ground was frozen, and even when it all went according to plan, you were left with a devastated yard that needed major work to look presentable again.
TRENCHLESS TECHNOLOGY MAKES SEWER LINE REPAIR EASIER
Boilers aren’t one-size-fits-all appliances. Like other heating systems, it is necessary to take a few steps in order to ensure that you are installing a heating system that will fit your needs and the needs of your home. To make your Hillsdale boiler installation a success, here are some suggestions from our installation experts here at BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc.:
Determine Your Fuel Types
There are two main types of fuel that boilers use: oil or natural gas; they can also use propane and solid fuels, but these aren’t as mainstream as oil or gas. If you are replacing an existing system, you may want to stay with your current fuel, but one of the benefits of new installation is the opportunity to explore your options. Once you determine which fuel you’d like to use for your boiler, it’s time to look at sizing.
Many times you’ll hear that all you need to know when installing a new boiler is the square footage of your home; this is not accurate. To properly calculate heat load, you need to consider the following items:
- Your home’s orientation
- Daytime heat gain
- Insulation levels
- Types and number of windows and doors
- Floor plan
- Number of rooms
- Number of occupants
- Square footage
Doing a proper and correct heat load calculation helps ensure that you’ll install a heatingsystem that is the right size for your home.
Work with an Expert
Working with an expert from the very start of your process to the finish is one of the best ways to make sure you install a system that fits with your home, meets your needs and will last for the long-term. Not only can an expert help you with the heat load calculation, he or she can explain to you all of the options available with using a boiler, including outlet types, and can help advise you on energy efficiency levels and what they can mean for your home. Lastly, he or she will install your new boiler correctly the first time around.
If you are in need of a new boiler installation in Hillsdale, call the experts you can count on: BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc.
One the very worst things you can do for your home’s drains is to pour store-bought “drain cleaners” into them. These bottles contain highly caustic chemicals that can cause extensive damage to drainpipes, and they also create toxic fumes that can hurt your eyes. When you need drain cleaning, you should only call for professionals to handle the service.
At BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc., one of the tools that we use for thorough drain cleaning is BioSmart by Drain Maid. This is a natural product that provides fantastic drain cleaning power without any of the dangers connected to the chemical drain cleaners you find in stores. Contact us today to arrange for BioSmart drain treatment in Hillsdale, NJ.
Why you should schedule BioSmart drain treatment from professionals
BioSmart works through a natural process: the power of bacteria to consume grease, oil, and other organic pollutants that develop inside drains. This is a standard part of sewage treatment plants, and now you can put it to use in your home. BioSmart contains a patented non-toxic solution with a mixture of enzymes and bacteria that will eat away at the build-up inside drainpipes, and eliminate odors as well. Store-bought chemical treatments for drains tend to destroy the natural, healthy bacteria inside drains, but BioSmart returns this helpful bacteria so that even after the treatment is completed, your drains will continue to have protection against further organic build-up. With a BioSmart treatment, you can expect clog-free drains for the next year.
However, you still need professionals to handle this service, and not just any professionals: not all plumbers offer drain cleaning services using the BioSmart Drain Maid treatment. You also do not want to rely on BioSmart alone for comprehensive drain cleaning. Call on a full-service plumbing company that will use the best equipment available to give you a thorough drain cleaning that will keep your plumbing healthy and as free from repair needs as possible.
Call the team at BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc. and ask about our services for the BioSmart drain treatment in Hillsdale, NJ and throughout Bergen County.
There are certain signs your heating system will give you when a problem has developed, and one type of sign is how the system sounds. There are normal operational noises your heating system will make, and then there are the abnormal sounds the system will make when something goes wrong. It can be tempting to ignore strange sounds if your system continues to operate, but ignoring a sound doesn’t make it go away, nor does it fix the problem. If you hear unfamiliar sounds coming from your system, it’s time to call BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc., for heating repair in Hillsdale.
What Strange Noises Can Indicate
Here are some examples of what certain sounds emanating from your heating system can indicate:
- Buzzing, popping, cracking – these types of noises can indicate an electrical issue. Electrical problems should always be handled by an expert.
- Screaming/screeching noise – loose or worn fan belts can make a screaming/screeching sound. Replacing the belt should alleviate this problem.
- Booming – the ignition process should happen instantaneously. However, a burner that is dirty will not ignite quickly, as it should. When this happens, a small amount of gas will build in the time it takes the burner to light, and when it does light, the combustion of excess gas causes a booming sound. This is a potentially dangerous situation and a technician should be called as soon as possible.
- Thumping – certain components in your heating system, like the blower, have ball bearings at each end of the blower shaft. If these bearings become too dry or move out of alignment, they may make a low-level thumping sound as your system operates.
Strange noises are one of the ways your heating system communicates that a problem has developed. Ignoring this sign can lead to problems with other components, larger and more costly repairs, and even possible breakdown. Attending to heating repair in Hillsdale as soon as possible is the best choice for you and your heating system.
If you hear unfamiliar sounds coming from your heating system, call BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc., today and schedule a repair appointment with one of our experts.
Almost all businesses depend on running hot water in some capacity. For food service and hospitality companies, a steady supply of heated water is a necessity. But even standard offices will need hot water for their employees’ comfort. Having the right commercial water heater handling this task in your building is an important part of keeping your company running.
We offer installation of top-of-the-line water heaters, and we will help you select the right model to meet the needs of your workplace.
For help with Hillside, NJ commercial water heater services, contact the professionals at BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc.
Choosing the ideal commercial water heater
You should not attempt to purchase a commercial water heater on your own without any expert advice. Even the hot water needs of a small residential home require professional assistance! Imagine how much more hot water a business building requires compared to a house, and you will have an idea of how complicated a task it is to find the right commercial water heater.
Your first step toward picking a new water heater is to contact specialists in commercial plumbing and comfort systems. The professional installers will come to your workplace, examine it, and talk to you about your needs for hot water. The technicians will estimate the average hot water use per day and how large a system they will need to install to meet those demands. They will also discuss your budget plans with you. You are probably interested in saving money, and the installers will go over the various options to show you how much specific water heating systems cost upfront compared to how much they will save in energy-efficient performance over the long-term. If you are also concerned about reducing emissions to benefit the environment, your installers will be able to help in that area as well.
One option to consider that is becoming more popular with each year is the solar water heater. Ask your installers if they can fit your business with a solar water heating system, and they will find out if it is feasible and the savings you will receive from it.
Not every commercial installation company offers solar water heater installation, which is one of the reasons that you should make BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc. your first choice for commercial water heater services in Hillsdale, NJ. Along with solar heaters, we offer a wide selection of other commercial systems: we will find and install the one that will do the best job delivering hot water for your company.
The outdoor drainage system for your house is important to protect your home during rainstorms. Storm drains collect the runoff water that would otherwise enter your home and lead to serious structural damage and destruction of your property.
However, you cannot expect a storm drain to always be ready to do its job. Just like any drain inside a home, outdoor drains can become clogged and ineffective over time. You need to have regular maintenance from a professional plumber to make sure that your storm drains are in good condition and not a threat to your home or the local water supply. To schedule maintenance for your storm drains, call BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc. and talk to our professionals who are familiar with outdoor drainage in Hillsdale, NJ. We can provide the storm drain service you need to shield your home from the dangers of storms and flooding.
The importance of storm drain maintenance
The runoff water from a storm contains more than simply water; if you’ve ever watched water from flooding go down into a storm drain, you’ll know how much debris, such as leaves, dirt, and rocks, can flow along in the water. All of this material going down into the storm drain will eventually start to build-up until it restricts and finally blocks the drainage. The drains will grow dirtier and dirtier each year they go without maintenance, and if you’ve experienced a severe storm recently, the problem will be accelerated. Regular maintenance from storm drain professionals will clear and clean out the drains so that the water does not back up into your home.
Another reason you need to have the outdoor drains maintained regularly is because a polluted storm drain can lead to pollution entering the nearby fresh water supply. Water from storm drains does not go through sewage treatment plants like the water that leaves a home through the sewer line. The amount of water that goes down a storm drain is too much for the regular sewer system, so the water instead goes out into lakes and rivers. Dirty drains can end up contaminating these fresh water supplies, which is bad for everybody. Help keep the environment clean with routine professional maintenance.
Finally, regular drain maintenance will discover cracks, breaks, and leaks in storm drains that can occur because of pressure and age.
You should schedule maintenance for the storm drains on your property once a year or after a major storm. Damage to storm drains, or worse, damage to your home, can be very expensive; maintenance is a small investment in preventing costly and distressing larger repairs.
Contact BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc. today to arrange for the necessary maintenance for your outdoor drainage in Hillsdale, NJ.
Your kitchen and bathroom are rooms with the majority of your plumbing needs, whether for the preparation of food, cleaning of dishes, or hygiene, the plumbing in both of these areas is subject to wear and tear every day for years on end. One of the most common problems for homeowners in our service area is how to prevent their bathtub or shower drains from backing up. It’s an important question because everything that goes down your drain has to be handled by your piping. The better you take care of your plumbing the better it can take care of you. Call BZ Dependable today if you need a Westwood, NJ plumber.
Let’s look at a few things you can do to prevent your bath drain from backing up.
- Use a hair stopper: One of the simplest things you can do is to purchase a hair stopper from your local hardware store. These small, inexpensive devices are actually quite effective when it comes to preventing hair from going down your drains, which is a major cause of clogs. When hair accumulates in clumps with other materials such as soap scum, then it can quickly back up your bathtub drain.
- Drain cleaning: If you’re concerned about the overall cleanliness and integrity of your drainpipe system, then you should consider a drain cleaning service. This is a great way to improve the longevity of your plumbing and to prevent clogs. Our expert plumbers use advanced techniques and equipment like video camera inspection and hydro jetting to ensure that the drain cleaning is thorough.
- BioSmart drain treatment: If you want to get smart about your plumbing, then consider BioSmart drain treatment. BioSmart is a non-toxic liquid filled with enzymes and bacteria that find organic matter and begin breaking it down. Unlike the harsh chemicals sold in stores, BioSmart doesn’t damage the environment or your piping. And it continues to work, long after you’ve poured a small amount in your drains.
We’d love to hear from you. Call BZ Dependable today if you’re in need of a Westwood, NJ plumber.
Our plumbing often works inconspicuously behind walls and under floors. Out of sight, out of mind; that is, until something goes wrong. Problems make us pay attention to aspects of our home we have long taken for granted. The kitchen and the bathroom where we use the most water, and are therefore often the rooms most likely to require professional attention. In this post, we’d like to share with you some common bathroom plumbing problems, so that you can keep an eye out around the house this summer. When you need plumbing repair services in Fort Lee, NJ, call the experts at BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating Inc.!
- Clogged drain: Your wastewater disposal system relies on the rapid and efficient transport of organic waste out of the home. Over time, your drainpipes may develop accumulations that can lead to clogs. When these total blockages form, they can severely impact the ability of your drain to work properly. Not only that, they can also cause system imbalances that can disrupt other parts of your plumbing. But don’t resort to harsh chemicals. They can often lead to severe damage to your drainpipes and may cause costly pipe replacement. Professional drain cleaning will not only preserve your pipes, but also make sure the clog is cleared away completely.
- Faulty trap: The U-shaped or P-shaped bend in the drainpipe of your bathroom vanity is known as a “trap.” It is designed to keep your sewer gases and fumes from entering your living space. It works by trapping a small amount of water in the bend that functions like a seal to prevent such gases from coming back up the drainpipe system. If it begins to leak, or if the seal doesn’t hold, then you may have a faulty trap.
- Toilet running: Not only will a running toilet, like a slow drip from the kitchen faucet, keep you awake at night, but it may also add substantially to your water bill every month. Make sure your toilet is not costing you more money than necessary.
When bathroom plumbing problems occur, it’s important to make sure that they are taken care of promptly. For plumbing repair services in Fort Lee, NJ, call BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating Inc.!
While in some cases, it is impossible to prevent a burst pipe; there are some preventive steps you can take to ensure that your pipes are well taken care of. Insulation, proper installation, and routine maintenance are all important to upkeep the integrity of your plumbing. We’d like to review several major causes of pipe bursting so that you know what to look out for. If you’re at all concerned about your piping, call an excellent Fair Lawn, NJ plumber at BZ Dependabletoday!
- Frozen pipes: During the winter, when temperatures dip below freezing point, your exposed pipes are at risk of freezing up. When water freezes, it expands; the pipes of your pressurized water supply line are full, and therefore subject to bursting. Winterizing the exposed sections of your plumbing is a good idea if there is any piping in your home that is not within the heated space. This includes any outdoor areas, including exterior faucets, but it also includes interior spaces, such as crawlspace, attic, outside walls. Pipe wrap, insulating tape, and foam are all materials that your local plumber may recommend.
- Old age: Over time, and due to general wear and tear, your pipes may become fragile and prone to breakage. If your plumbing is old, you may want to have it inspected by a professional in order to determine if any sections are at risk of bursting in the near future.
- Water pressure: While your wastewater disposal system uses gravity to move water out of your home, your supply line is pressurized. The pressure calibration needs to be exactly suited to the layout of your home so that it doesn’t exceed what the pipes and pipe connections can handle.
Pipe bursting can cause serious damage to your home. If it’s at all possible to prevent such accidents, make sure you take any necessary steps. For more information about pipe bursting, call a Fair Lawn, NJ plumber at BZ Dependable today!
If you’re wondering about that calcified gunk on your faucets, it’s probably the mineral deposits left by hard water. Hard water is a common household problem throughout North America. While it’s not typically a health risk, it can have a damaging effect not only on faucets, but also on all of your plumbing and plumbed fixtures. When you have buildup on your faucets in Fort Lee, NJ, call the water filtration experts at BZ Dependable. We offer exceptional water filtration services that will help soften hard water.
The primary mineral ingredients that make your water “hard” are calcium and magnesium, both of which are necessary to good health in the right amounts. It’s determined by the concentration of positive metallic ions. Since water is such a good solvent, it naturally absorbs these minerals in as it passes through soil and rock.
Hard water can damage your plumbing and fixtures, as you know from the buildup on your faucets. Let’s take a look at some of the other signs that you have hard water:
- Spotting and filming on your dishes. Do your dishes never seem to get clean? Or do your clean dishes always seem to have spots on them? This is a common indication of hard water. The hot water used for dishwashing actually releases the minerals from the water faster.
- Laundry. If your clothes feel scratchy and look grimy when they come out of the washer, that can also indicate hard water. Depending on the quality of your hard water, this can significantly damage the fibers of your clothes.
- No soapsuds. Hard water often prevents the production of soapsuds during washing and cleaning.
If you think you may have hard water problems, there is a solution. The Krystal Klear water treatment system features an electronic descaler, which not only removes the hardness of your water but also keeps the healthy minerals in your water. It does this by electronically altering the ionic concentration of the water, by turning those bicarbonates into carbonates. This is not only a smart idea for the quality of your drinking and washing water, but it may be necessary if you want to ensure the longevity of your plumbing. For more information, call BZ Dependable today.