June 25, 2018
There are certain plumbing appliances within your home that you could probably never imagine living without. Take, for example, your kitchen sink. There are some components of this plumbing fixture that are more of a luxury than a necessity, such as the garbage disposal, too. Still, even though you don’t have to have a garbage disposal system, it’s still a pretty handy part of your kitchen plumbing in Teaneck & Bergen County, NJ, if you do.
As such, you want to make sure you take care of this component and the rest of your kitchen sink as best you can, so that you can enjoy the benefits and convenience that comes from your kitchen plumbing. We’d like to help you avoid problems with your garbage disposal system as well as your kitchen sink drain, so we’ve provided some care tips below.
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on TIPS ON CARING FOR YOUR KITCHEN SINK
June 6, 2014
The plumbing in your kitchen receives the most stress of any room in the house: large amounts of food product go down the drains every day, and there are multiple water inlets to handles various tasks. You can expect to encounter occasional repair needs for your kitchen’s plumbing, and when you do you should contact BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc. for the service you need. We handle an enormous array of plumbing jobs, and we can take care of whatever troubles you are having with your kitchen plumbing in Bergen County, NJ.
We want to help you avoid plumbing repairs in the first place, however, so here are a few tips that will make for a less problem-prone kitchen in the future:
Schedule regular drain cleaning
Fixing an occasional clog will take care of a short-term problem. But if you want to wipe out clogs in the future and keep healthy water pressure in your pipes, call up a full-service plumbing company for professional drain cleaning. Regular cleaning will keep away the organic build-up in pipes that will start to form along their interior and eventually lead to blockages. Professionals will use technology like hydro-jetters to scour the pipes and return them to like-new condition. BZ Dependable also makes use of the BioSmart Drain Treatment system that cleanses the pipes with an organic compound that won’t damage the pipe interior or leave any toxic residue.
Avoid putting liquid fat, oil, or grease down the drains
Liquid fat, oil, and grease—collectively known as F.O.G.—may seem harmless, but if they go down the drain of kitchen sink, they will dry out into a thick and waxy solid that will rapidly close off the drainpipe. This applies to the garbage disposal as well, where F.O.G. will jam up the mechanisms and cause to disposal to become stuck. Instead of pouring F.O.G. down the drains, place it in a separate container and remove it to the trash.
Do not put garbage down the garbage disposal
Despite the name, a garbage disposal isn’t for actual inorganic garbage, only for food particles. As a rule of thumb, if it’s something you can’t chew with your teeth, it shouldn’t go into the disposal. This means that along with keeping paper garbage like napkins and paper towels out of the disposal, you should also keep out bones, coffee grounds, and popcorn kernels. All this garbage goes in the garbage: this way you avoid damaging the disposal and clogging up the pipes.
Our team is ready and willing to help your kitchen plumbing in Bergen County, NJ.
You will run into kitchen plumbing repair needs at some point, and when you do call on BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc. to come to your aid.
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on HOW TO PREVENT PROBLEMS WITH YOUR KITCHEN PLUMBING
August 13, 2012
For some reason things around the house tend to go haywire during the summertime, and quite often it is plumbing problems which arise during those hot days. Most of the common summer plumbing problems in Fort Lee are easy to identify. When you notice a summer plumbing problem spring up, don’t hesitate to call BZ Dependable!
IDENTIFY THE MOST COMMON SUMMERTIME PLUMBING PROBLEMS
- Clogged Garbage Disposal: Because we are so much more active during summer with cookouts and grill outs, it remains important to properly dispose of food waste. Make certain that excess fruits and vegetables that are more fibrous and hard in texture such as watermelon rinds, celery and potato skins are not put down the drain. Additionally, cooking oil, grease and fat from meats should be placed in the trash instead. Remember to run plenty of cold water before during and after the food is being ground up by the garbage disposal so that it is sent down the drain properly and does not cause a drainage clog.
- Backed Up Sewer Lines: When the air begins to heat up, summer rain showers tend to become more common. Excess rain water and tree roots in the soil can cause cracks in sewer lines through which water can seep into the sewer lines, causing a backed up sewer line. If water from the toilet begins to back up into the bath or shower drain it is important to note that it is a sign of a sewer line back up. It could mean a simple fix or an extensive replacement.
- Watch That Washing Machine: Because everyone spends more time doing a variety of activities during summertime such as spending time at the beach and enjoying the outdoors, the washing machine tends to get used much more frequently during summertime as well. Be home while the washing machine is running so that you are readily available to stop the wash cycle if something goes awry. Additionally, the washing machine should be placed a foot or so away from the wall, to ensure that all water lines and hoses have room to work properly without kinking.
- When Toilets Clog: Because we tend to be home more during the summer toilets get used more. Remember to use smaller amounts of toilet paper and keep a plunger handy for those small clogs which occur. When it’s something bigger our well-qualified bathroom plumbing experts can help.
- Sprinkler System Problems: For those that have sprinkler systems in their lawns, the heads of each sprinkler should be checked and cleaned prior to extensive use. This ensures they do not cause excess pressure to build up, that they are properly balanced and that the sprinklers work as they were intended to. Prior to lawn mowing make certain that all sprinkler heads have been properly collapsed so as not to run over them and break them or break the mower.
Call BZ Dependable if you need plumbing repairs in Fort Lee or the surrounding area!
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on FORT LEE PLUMBING TIP: COMMON SUMMER PLUMBING PROBLEMS TO AVOID