WHAT’S STANDARD MAINTENANCE FOR A WATER SOFTENER?
January 22, 2018
If you have hard water, you know it can be a pain. If you let hard water go untreated, you could end up with some tough cleaning to do in the bathroom and kitchen. More important, though, is that your plumbing system’s lifespan is lowered significantly thanks to hard water, a high concentration of minerals like calcium in your water supply.
That’s why you may need a whole-house water softener to eliminate hard water at the source, right where it enters your home. Unfortunately, maintaining this system can seem like a pain as well. However, as long as you stay on schedule and have plumbing technicians take care of the hard parts, it doesn’t have to be so difficult!
May 23, 2016
Bergenfield, NJ residents have to deal with a number of recurring problems with their plumbing, including hard water deposits which are a regular issue around here. The good news is that hard water is rarely harmful. It’s simply water with a higher-than-average mineral content, usually safe minerals like calcium and magnesium that your body can absorb safely. But hard water can cause considerable problems with your quality of life: subtle, but no less damaging for the quiet way they worm into your household. A whole-house water softener installed in your plumbing system can curtail those problems and ensure they never bother you again. Here are 3 benefits to water softeners that you should consider.
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on 3 BENEFITS TO WATER SOFTENERS
April 6, 2015
Having clean water throughout your home isn’t luxury, it’s a necessity. If you’ve been concerned about the quality of your water, or just want the ability to have the cleanest water possible in your home, you may want to consider the installation of a water filtration system. The experts at BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc., can install just about any water filtration system around, but the one we specialize in is the whole house Krystal Klear water filtration system. This system is unlike any other water filtration product available for homes and businesses, and offers a number of benefits that you may not get with other types of whole home water filtration systems.
Posted in News & PR
| Comments Off on REASONS TO CONSIDER USING THE KRYSTAL KLEAR WHOLE HOUSE WATER FILTRATION SYSTEM
July 8, 2013
Your entire plumbing system works hard every single day, and it needs to be in good condition in order for you to be able to carry out many of your necessary tasks like showering and cleaning your home. But how can you be sure that your pipes are working well? If you need a plumber in Dumont, NJ, make sure that you call the friendly experts at BZ Dependable. Here are a few easy ways that you can help make sure that your home’s plumbing system works efficiently and that it lasts for as long as possible.
- Get regular maintenance – Probably the best way for you to ensure that your pipes and plumbing are in good condition is to have them inspected regularly by a professional. During regular maintenance visit, your Dumont, NJ plumber will look for any signs of leaks, cracks and clogs and then repair them before they can cause further issues. Not only will this help you rest easy that your pipes are in good shape, but it will also help them last longer and work better.
- Stop clogs before they start – There are a few things that you homeowners should know in order to treat their pipes well. In particular, your kitchen sink needs to be protected because of how much solid food waste it handles every day. Make sure that you don’t put any animal bones, fruit pits, melted fat and grease down your kitchen sink as these things can cause clogs.
- Get a descaler – If your home has hard water it means that there are excess minerals in it like calcium and magnesium. These minerals can get deposited in your home’s pipes and cause them to clog up. A descaling or water treatment system can help remove those minerals so that your pipes stay cleaner.
If you need a plumber in Dumont, NJ, just call the specialists at BZ Dependable.
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on ASK A DUMONT, NJ PLUMBER: HOW CAN I BE SURE MY PIPES ARE IN GOOD SHAPE?
March 4, 2013
Many homeowners are curious about adding a water treatment system to their home, but often don’t know where to start. BZ Dependable provides comprehensive water treatment installation and repair in Tenafly, NJ. We offer a range of water treatment options, but we recommend the Krystal Klear water filtration system. We’ve compiled a list of FAQs you may find useful as you start thinking about your water treatment needs. For more information or to schedule a consultation with your Tenafly, NJ water treatment expert, call BZ Dependable today.
- Why is water treatment important? Water treatment is important for a wide variety of reasons. Many customers enjoy the peace of mind knowing that they’ll be covered in the event of a contamination. Others install water treatment systems because they wanted to improve the taste of their tap water. Having clean water can also improve the function of your soaps and might be able to prevent limescale build-up inside your appliances.
- Which water treatment is best for me? The type of water treatment system that’s best for you often depends on where you live and where you get your water from. In rural settings with wells, your water might be contaminated by unwanted minerals. In that case you’ll need a comprehensive system like Krystal Klear. If you get your water from a utility company you likely won’t have those types of contaminants but you might have hard water in your home. In that case a water softening system might be what you need. The Krystal Klear system electronically descales your water to ensure that the high mineral content doesn’t damage your plumbing.
- How does the Krystal Klear system work? The Krystal Klear system works not only by filtering out contaminants but by electronically altering the chemical composition of the water. This ensures a comprehensive filtration process that you can rely on.
- What are the benefits of Krystal Klear? The benefits of Krystal Klear water treatment are extensive. Not only will you enjoy clean, purified water throughout your home, but you may also improve the durability of your plumbing. Krystal Klear is septic friendly, requires no maintenance and prevents biological contamination. What could be better?
To learn more about the water treatment options we offer, call BZ Dependable today. We can work with you to figure out which water filtration system best fits your needs, taking into consideration the plumbing layout of your home as well as your budget.
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on TENAFLY, NJ WATER TREATMENT FAQS
February 25, 2013
More than 85% of homes in America have hard water. Hard water is usually not harmful to drink, but it can damage your plumbing. If you notice lime scale build-up on your faucets or sink drains, or if soap does not produce suds when combined with your tap water, you may have water with high mineral content. An electronic descaler may help you to avoid costly repairs to your plumbing in Fort Lee, NJ. To hear more about descaling technology, call BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating Inc. today.
Hard water damages your plumbing by allowing mineral deposits to build up on the insides of pipes, fittings, valves and drains. Calcium and magnesium bi-carbonate are the primary materials responsible for hard water. Some symptoms of hard water include:
- White or light green build-up on faucets, drains, at the base of pipe connections. This is the mineral content left after the evaporation of water. If you see it there, just imagine what the insides of your plumbing look like.
- Decreased water pressure. If systemic scaling has already occurred, then you may already notice a slightly obstructed water flow due to the build-up of scale on the insides of your pipes.
- Dishes covered in spots. If you notice that your dry dishes have spots, it could be an indication of hard water.
To get rid of hard water, you’ll need a more comprehensive descaling system than a water filter. The Krystal Klear electronic descaling system uses high-frequency electronic pulses to “soften” the chemical composition of hard water. There are many benefits to this system:
- Septic tank friendly.
- No negative impact. It provides clean water right away.
- Prevents biological contamination of your water supply. In areas where backflow is a concern, or in rural areas where water quality has to be monitored by the individual homeowner, the Krystal Klear excels at producing high-quality drinking water.
- Keeps minerals in the water. Unlike other systems that remove the beneficial mineral content entirely, our electronic descaling technology merely changes the chemical structure from a bicarbonate to a carbonate, so that the minerals are actually easier to absorb.
To learn more about Krystal Klear electronic descaling technology and how it may affect your Fort Lee, NJ home, speak to an expert at BZ Dependable today.
Posted in Plumbing
| Comments Off on FORT LEE, NJ WATER TREATMENT GUIDE: BENEFITS OF ELECTRONIC DESCALERS