When plumbing leaks are shown on television, the leaks are usually highly visible: water spurts from an accessible pipe, etc. While the leak in your business space may be spurting, there is a very good chance it won’t be visible until it has become a serious problem. Why? The vast majority of your commercial plumbing resides behind walls, under floors and in ceilings; as such, until water penetrates the dry wall or plaster, or puddles on the floor, you may not notice anything. Additionally, locating one leak doesn’t always mean you’ve pinpointed the entire problem. This is why hiring experts for your commercial leak detection is so important. When you hire the experts at BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc., for commercial leak detection, they bring years of experience, coupled with the latest tools, to every job. This means our plumbing specialists will find your leak(s), assess what has to be fixed and repair the problems in a timely, efficient manner with as little intrusion as possible. First, let’s take a look at some of the signs that can indicate you may have a leak.
SIGNS OF A LEAK
Here are some signs that can indicate a leak has developed somewhere on your commercial property:
- Wet spots on drywall or plaster
- Dripping through walls or ceilings
- Puddling on floors
- The sound of constant, unseen dripping
- The sound of running water
- Mold development in places it shouldn’t be
- Significant decrease in water pressure
- Unexplainable high water bills
So what kinds of tools are used to find leaks? These are a few that your plumber may use:
- Specialized audio equipment – a leak will make noise, even a small leak, so one of the ways professional plumbers find leaks is to use very sensitive audio equipment to listen for the sounds.
- Visual aid equipment – a great visual aid many professional plumbers use is a fiber optic camera. This type of tool is a long, snaking cable that has a camera on the end of it that sends back real-time video images of the inside of the pipes. This allows the plumber to see exactly how bad the leak is and where it is located.
- Infrared scanning – infrared scanning detects areas of moisture by registering temperature. Areas that are wet will be cooler and will appear as such on the infrared scan.
As you can see, some pretty sophisticated equipment is used to detect leaks, and these tools require training and expertise.
If you need leak detection for your commercial property in Fort Lee, call the plumbing experts at BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating, Inc., today!