Tank water heaters are common here in Bogota, NJ, and every winter they get put to the test. Now is a good time to replace your old water heater if it’s ready to give up the ghost. Otherwise, you might be looking at a sudden problem when it finally stops in the middle of winter, forcing you to scramble for a new one.
If you’re in the market for a new water heater, you might want to cast your net farther than just another tank model. While the system is versatile and effective, a tankless water heater might actually prove to be a better fit. As the title implies, it does without the traditional tank, using heated coils to warm the water instantly as it moves through the pipes. That provides a number of benefits, including:
- an endless amount of hot water, ensuring that you never run out.
- a smaller size allowing you to fit it in much smaller space.
- reduced bills since you don’t use as much energy. The system does not need to keep water hot at all times, reducing the cost of heating.
That said, every home is different and yours might not be the right fit for a tankless system. Why?
- Tankless systems can’t usually handle as much of a load as tanked models can. That makes them better for households with fewer occupants.
- Tankless systems cost more to install, though they cost less to run. That’s good for families who intend to stay in their homes for quite awhile, since the savings accrue over time.
- Tankless systems provide an advantage for small places that don’t have a lot of extra space. Vacation homes and the like tend to do better with them than more permanent residences.
Call the professionals at BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating Inc. today to discuss tankless systems!