You depend upon your sewage system to dispose of your wastewater quickly and effectively. Leaks, clogs and other problems in your drains and sewer line can cause plumbing emergencies and can damage your indoor plumbing. Moreover, cross-contamination can occur if your sewer line is damaged. While drain and sewer repair is best left to the professionals, identifying drain and sewer problems in Tenafly NJ is just as important. Catching problems before they become major systemic issues is imperative to ensuring the longevity of your plumbing. Call BZ Dependable Plumbing & Heating today to speak to a plumber.
Let’s take a look at some common indicators of drain and sewer problems in your home:
- Wastewater draining slowly. This indicates a partial blockage in your drain, or somewhere within the drainage system. The plumbers at BZ Dependable advise an eco-friendly solution, such as BioSmart, which clears slow drains without the use of dangerous and corrosive chemicals. Frequent use of powerful chemicals can ruin your drainpipes and create major replacement costs in the future.
- Wastewater doesn’t drain. If your bathroom or kitchen sink doesn’t drain at all, you have a total blockage of that drain. While a plunger may work, it may require the professional attention of a certified plumber, depending on the extent of the blockage, and where it is.
- Wet spots in the yard. If you see wet spots in the area above your sewer line, it probably means your sewer main is cracked or damaged. If it’s also smelly, it’s definitely wastewater leeching into your lawn. Make sure to get this sorted immediately as it can pose a health and environmental hazard to you and your neighbors.
- Patches of green. Sewage makes a natural fertilizer and plants will naturally gravitate towards it if it’s leaking. You can detect a leak sometimes simply by looking for shrubs or plants that are greener and healthier than other parts of your yard.
- Strange smells. As you’re doubtless aware, sewage doesn’t exactly smell like pumpkin pie. If you can detect the smell from your yard – or indeed anywhere – then chances are the waste isn’t where it’s supposed to be.
- Wastewater coming back up. This is usually the most obvious – and least pleasant – sign of a plumbing emergency! It likely means that your sewer line is clogged so that the wastewater cannot enter into the septic tank or municipal waste management system. Video pipe inspection and sewer line replacement may be necessary.
Whatever plumbing problems you may have, always rely on the services of a trained professional. For comprehensive sewer and drain repair in Tenafly NJ, call BZ Dependable today!